CRM

niculeica
Participant

Capturing Deal's creater - the HS user

SOLVE

Hi, there,

Is there a way of capturing exactly who created a Deal in HubSpot? I mean precisely the HubSpot username of the person responsible for the Deal name, as shown in the attached snip shot. That is the oldest property of the deal.

Thank you!

deal creator.png

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Got it, @niculeica, my apologies, I misread.

In that case, unfortunately, that's not possible, at least not outside of the box. I'm sure this can be achieved with custom development and the HubSpot API or with custom code actions for workflows in Operations Hub Professional.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @niculeica,

Yes, you would have to create a custom HubSpot user property for this. This type of property works like the deal owner but is simply another field that you can use to store HubSpot user names, let's call it Original deal owner.

You would then create a deal-based workflow that copies the value from your Deal owner into Original deal owner. Since workflows only enroll records once by default, the Deal owner could potentially change but the Original deal owner would stay the same.

This would not work retroactively, unfortunately, only going forward. If you want the Original deal owner for all historic records as well, you would have to export the Deal owner property history and import the earliest value into the new Original deal owner field.

Let me know if you need assistance with any of the steps above!

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

niculeica
Participant

SOLVE

Hi, @karstenkoehler,

It's not the Deal owner (Original deal owner) what I'm digging for, it's actually the person who created the deal. As deal creator you can assign a different deal owner, from the degining, and that's what will give the value of the field.

I'm trying to capture the "Source" or the oldest property in Property history, on a deal. And this property is Deal name, on all deals. So it's precisely the HubSpot user that gave the Deal name, what I'm chasing for; wihtout looking into this manually, of course.

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Got it, @niculeica, my apologies, I misread.

In that case, unfortunately, that's not possible, at least not outside of the box. I'm sure this can be achieved with custom development and the HubSpot API or with custom code actions for workflows in Operations Hub Professional.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
niculeica
Participant

SOLVE

No problem, thanks for checking out, @karstenkoehler!

I'll look around for a solution.

Have a good one!