CRM

mabasic

Cannot add email address to a contact

SOLVE

I have just started using Hubspot to try to integrate it into my business. I have initially successfully added a contact from my mobile phone, but somehow it had lost its email address. When I try to add the email using the web I get the error message:

GdprBlacklistedEmailException{"status":"error","message":"GdprBlacklistedEmailExceptionCannot update to GDPR blacklisted email.","correlationId":"xxx","requestId":"xxx"}

I have not comunnicated with the client from hubspot, so I don't know why his email is GDPR blacklisted. Any clues?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
roisinkirby
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @mabasic, thank you for your patience as I followed up on this with our Support team. Here is what I was able to find out:

1. At this time it’s not possible to recreate a contact after they have been subject to a  GDPR-compliant delete in the app. 
  2. The only way the contact can be added is if they themselves reconvert on a form. 
  3. This would however create a new contact, it's previous history cannot be recovered / associated with the new record. 
  4. If you are sure that this contact never requested to be deleted OR contacted, and you had prior consent to contact him, then you can send him an en email with a link to a form to opt back in. 

Please note: As much as we'd love to help answer legal questions, we'll stick to what we know best: Inbound strategy and the HubSpot platform. In addition, while the features help to enable compliance, there's no one-size-fits all solution. Every circumstance is different. Ultimately, it's up to you and your team to determine what compliance looks like to your business.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @mabasic this message displays after you (or a user in your portal) performs a GDPR-compliant delete in HubSpot.

A GDPR delete involves a blacklist functionality, which will notify you in-app if you try to add a previously deleted contact to your HubSpot account again. This functionality is supported by anonymized data.

0 Upvotes
mabasic

SOLVE

I have performed a GDPR-compliant delete by mistake. I did not understand the options offered when deleting the client.

What can I do now to restore the contact and its email address? It is an important client with which I do business on a daily basis.

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @mabasic, thank you for your patience as I followed up on this with our Support team. Here is what I was able to find out:

1. At this time it’s not possible to recreate a contact after they have been subject to a  GDPR-compliant delete in the app. 
  2. The only way the contact can be added is if they themselves reconvert on a form. 
  3. This would however create a new contact, it's previous history cannot be recovered / associated with the new record. 
  4. If you are sure that this contact never requested to be deleted OR contacted, and you had prior consent to contact him, then you can send him an en email with a link to a form to opt back in. 

Please note: As much as we'd love to help answer legal questions, we'll stick to what we know best: Inbound strategy and the HubSpot platform. In addition, while the features help to enable compliance, there's no one-size-fits all solution. Every circumstance is different. Ultimately, it's up to you and your team to determine what compliance looks like to your business.

DaveBoy

SOLVE

I am currently testing the CRM initial for contact management. No mass email marketing. I performed a delete which is marking emails as blacklisted under GDPR. IS there any way to correct this without client contact. 

As this is a test not being able to enter these emails would make using the system prohibitive.

Thanks

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

@DaveBoy, as @roisinkirby indicated in her previous post, "... it’s not possible to recreate a contact after they have been subject to a GDPR-compliant delete in the app."

Always happy to help. Reach out anytime of we can be of assistance with HubSpot.

Best,
Frank

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v03.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
Prague_Bill

SOLVE

But this is rather absurd - GDPR is a very new concept, and lots of mistakes will be made. Disallowing mistakes to be backed out? silly.
Why not put a ledger that tracks all reversed GDPR's so it can be shown whether these were just mistakes or violations of the law's intent?