CRM

regunionusahs

Cannot add contacts to Company profiles

The Hub Spot suite will no longer allow me to enter contacts to a company profile. This just started over the weekend.   I've tried using different browsers (no change), typing in manually (no change).  I never had this problem before Saturday afternoon.  Why would it do that?

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @regunionusahs 

Thank you for reaching out!

Would you mind clarifying exactly what is happening and the exact steps you're taking until you're experiencing the issue? Do you get an error message? If so, would you mind sending us a screenshot? The more information, screenshots, and details you can provide the better we can assist!

Thank you, 

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
regunionusahs

GM,  Thanks for trying to help.  As far as I know, I am not doing anything differently than I have done a thousand times before.  After I load a new prospective company into my CRM , I proceed to add the name/title/email/phone of the DM that I need to track and communicate with.  

When you are entering a new contact the process is quite simple.  If the app doesn't let you add then it becomes quite another experience.  So, to explain, the "Create" button never turns orange to allow the addition of the contact into the CRM.  There are no error messages.

One thing that I might add here is that on Friday (day before this started) I updated what properties I wanted to have for my contacts.  I went back to that page, I didn't see a field for not allowing the CRM to add contacts.  Is there?

BTW  "You do not have permission to upload images."  This is the message as I am not authorized to upload a screen shot.

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @regunionusahs 

Thanks for that!

You should be able to add screenshots when you click on the little camera button - is that the case? 

I understand then when you go in Contacts > Contacts > the Create button is greyed out, is that it? Or is it when you go to the company record, and then click on Add > Create a new contact > Create?
When you hover your mouse on it, do you get an error message? If so, which one? Is the other alternative I've explained above working then? 

Thank you!

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
regunionusahs

Hey Tiphaine,

Thanks for your support.  I retraced my steps on what I had done to adjust my contact available fields.  There is an option there which will not allow you to add a new contact unless you have filled in required information.  So I took the "required" tag off on two of the new addition fields and that solved the problem.  Reading the plight of others, it probably lies in something that they changed inaddvertenly. 

A whole hearted "THANK YOU" for your assistance.

Be well,

Ralph