CRM

NHorne
Mitglied

Can you track and report on property history?

lösung

Our clients purchase hourly packages for our consulting services e.g. 60 hrs/month. We have a property to capture this data (Monthly Hourly Block) which is initally set with the Sales team. However, our clients can and often do change their package as they need, for example they decide to increase from 60 to 80 hrs/month. Our Client Success team would like to be able to track the progression and change in each client's monthly hours without having to create multiple properties, so we can look back at Client XYZ and see that they initially started with 60 hrs/month and increased their package by 20 hrs to 80 on XX date. If we just changed the Monthly Hourly Block property, I am not sure their initial package details would be logged in the property history or not.

Appreciate any advice on how to track this 'non static' data and report on it if possible! Thanks!

1 Akzeptierte Lösung
Crystal_Hopper
Lösung
Autorität

lösung

Thanks @PamCotton and welcome @NHorne !

Out of the box, using HS' reporting there's not a way to report on a field's changes that have happened over time. You can create notifications and reports that alert you when a field changes but not historical changes.

I am assuming that you're using some system to process the billing for these subscriptions and that it also needs updated. If you're using the HS Sales side, you could create a new Deal everytime the Monthly Hourly Block changes. Whoever works the Deal could update whoever and whatever needs the update and then close the Deal. This would create a sort of change history. You could also create a workflow that triggers whenever Monthly Hourly Block changes. In the workflow you could alert a team or the owner of account by way of an HS notification and/or email. There could even be tasks built and assigned within the workflow to make sure the team knows who or what to update in this case.

Additionally, if you want to get into the world of APIs, you may look at these recommended articles and see if they might give you a clue about how to do this:

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/APIs-Integrations/Getting-deal-property-history/m-p/382680

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/APIs-Integrations/API-v3-Properties-History-Available/m-p/365099

Hope something in this helps you think through the challenge. Please reply back and let us know your thoughts. Have a great day!

Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

9 Antworten
DaveParry
Teilnehmer/-in | Elite Partner
Teilnehmer/-in | Elite Partner

lösung

I implemented a solution to this for a client last week, using Custom Objects to record a property value weekly using a Scheduled Workflow, then report on the custom objects in a chart- which you add to the Deal Overview tab. Very easy to implement and very effective - you just need Sales Ent & Ops Pro, which is the drawback for most clients who have the Pro Bundle.

Contact me if you want more details: david.parry@wellmeadow.co.uk

Dave

JtenHam
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

This is essential for companies with subscription based services. You want to know the growth of certain custom properties in your customers to take action on customers who are adopting either really fast or really slow, so you can provide the correct services to support them. Currently we have to go back to excel for these insights, which provokes a slower adoption of Hubspot by my teams. 

A bummer this is not yet available. 

Crystal_Hopper
Autorität

lösung

@JtenHam agreed. Such a solution would be even cleaner. Could you lend your voice to one of these posts on the Ideas board. This way a solution might make it to the roadmap.

HubSpot Community - View/Create Reports based on historical property values - HubSpot Community

HubSpot Community - Reporting property value change over time, in particular for me lead status - Hu...

Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.
PamCotton
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Thank you for sharing these ideas @Crystal_Hopper!! Upvoted too.

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
NHorne
Mitglied

lösung

Thank you @Crystal_Hopper !

NHorne
Mitglied

lösung

Thanks Crystal! So in your example with using Deals to track the change history: if we had a client who for example, changed their monthly hourly block 4 times across 2 years, we would need to track that using 4 different deals, that are opened and closed each time there was a change? Or would it be one deal that would be re-opened and have properties that indicate "1st monthly block change," "2nd monthly block change," etc. I suppose if we have multiple properties like that, we could reprot off of those, but I can also see it getting messy if a client is changing their block several times. I will also check out the API articles, thanks for the idea!

Nicole

Crystal_Hopper
Autorität

lösung

Hi @NHorne! I would open and close a single Deal each time there is $$ involved. It will be cleaner and you won't be making gobs of custom properties to track the 10th, 11th, 12th times they make a change. A contact or company can have many associated Deals and you'll see the changes they make over time right from their records.

Crystal_Hopper
Lösung
Autorität

lösung

Thanks @PamCotton and welcome @NHorne !

Out of the box, using HS' reporting there's not a way to report on a field's changes that have happened over time. You can create notifications and reports that alert you when a field changes but not historical changes.

I am assuming that you're using some system to process the billing for these subscriptions and that it also needs updated. If you're using the HS Sales side, you could create a new Deal everytime the Monthly Hourly Block changes. Whoever works the Deal could update whoever and whatever needs the update and then close the Deal. This would create a sort of change history. You could also create a workflow that triggers whenever Monthly Hourly Block changes. In the workflow you could alert a team or the owner of account by way of an HS notification and/or email. There could even be tasks built and assigned within the workflow to make sure the team knows who or what to update in this case.

Additionally, if you want to get into the world of APIs, you may look at these recommended articles and see if they might give you a clue about how to do this:

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/APIs-Integrations/Getting-deal-property-history/m-p/382680

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/APIs-Integrations/API-v3-Properties-History-Available/m-p/365099

Hope something in this helps you think through the challenge. Please reply back and let us know your thoughts. Have a great day!

PamCotton
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hello @NHorne , welcome to the HubSpot Community, I will tag some top experts to share their ideas, @HubSpotMaster @warrendavey @Crystal_Hopper, what would you recommend to @NHorne  matter?

Thank you!

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !