CRM

katherineladue
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

Can you link to someone's address in maps in an internal email notification?

SOLVE

Our sales reps want to be able to receive an email notification with a new prospect's address, click on it directly from the email and open it in Google maps.

I know there's HTML that can be added to just static address text to make it clickable and open in a maps app, but would there be any way to do this with HubSpot personalization tokens?

This is in an internal email notification from a workflow.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @katherineladue,

Yes, this is possible, thanks to Google's documentation here. I tested this in a marketing email using a hyperlink:

karstenkoehler_0-1637214410822.png

In the source code of that email, you would add the personalization tokens to the URL:

karstenkoehler_1-1637214440601.png

<p>Hi @katherineladue,</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>This should do the trick: <a href="https://www.google.com/maps/search/?api=1&amp;query={{ contact.address }} {{ contact.zip }} {{ contact.city }}" rel="noopener">Google Maps link</a></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Cheers!</p>

Previewing the email for a contact with a fake address shows that the link will be generated correctly: https://www.google.com/maps/search/?api=1&query=2859%20Glendale%20Avenue%2091324%20Northridge

karstenkoehler_2-1637214516169.png

I would've expected the link to break because of the spaces in the property values but it's actually fine.

You could use the exactly same method in an internal email notification in a workflow. I went the easy route here to be able to preview an email quickly.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @katherineladue,

Yes, this is possible, thanks to Google's documentation here. I tested this in a marketing email using a hyperlink:

karstenkoehler_0-1637214410822.png

In the source code of that email, you would add the personalization tokens to the URL:

karstenkoehler_1-1637214440601.png

<p>Hi @katherineladue,</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>This should do the trick: <a href="https://www.google.com/maps/search/?api=1&amp;query={{ contact.address }} {{ contact.zip }} {{ contact.city }}" rel="noopener">Google Maps link</a></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Cheers!</p>

Previewing the email for a contact with a fake address shows that the link will be generated correctly: https://www.google.com/maps/search/?api=1&query=2859%20Glendale%20Avenue%2091324%20Northridge

karstenkoehler_2-1637214516169.png

I would've expected the link to break because of the spaces in the property values but it's actually fine.

You could use the exactly same method in an internal email notification in a workflow. I went the easy route here to be able to preview an email quickly.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

katherineladue

SOLVE

Thank you!! This is super helpful... slight caveat - this is for a client who ONLY has Sales Hub Pro, no marketing hub. So they're actually not able to use marketing emails in workflows, and I don't think you can edit the source code of an internal email notification.... I will just try it anyway, and if it's not possible then it might be a good way to convince them to pull the trigger on marketing hub as well 😉 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Happy to help, @katherineladue. Let me know how it goes.

If you want others to be able to find this information, I'd appreciate if you accepted my earlier post as a solution 🙂

Have a great day!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @katherineladue ,

As you said this is possible with adding HTML to text, I don't know of it;s possible to put code into personalization token. However I found this article for you. Check if it works. You might need a developer's help for this.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

0 Upvotes