CRM

TFarris
Participant

Can you display the property description?

SOLVE

I'm using the optional description field on a few properties that explain a formula or further detail regarding populating that particular property. 

I only see this information displayed when I go to view all properties, then click detail. Is there a way to display the description in other views, like the left side bar? 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @TFarris,

There isn't any configuration that let's you display the description, unforutnately. However, the description is usually just one click away, either by hovering over a description in the sidebar and clicking Details or by clicking in the property itself, e.g. in workflows. (Data in screenshots all fictional.)

description.gif

description2.gif

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
VHine595
Participant

SOLVE

Hi there - I'm reviving this thread a few years later & wondering if there's a solution for this now. 

I have created my deals object with a lot of custom properties to collect deal information. These custom properties are all organized on the custom cards in the center pane.

I used the description fields on the custom properties to give more context / prompts for our sales reps, so it will be essential that they see these prompts in order to fill out the free form info. 

Is there a hover modal that would be able to show these?

Thanks so much!

-vee-

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Happy to help!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @TFarris,

There isn't any configuration that let's you display the description, unforutnately. However, the description is usually just one click away, either by hovering over a description in the sidebar and clicking Details or by clicking in the property itself, e.g. in workflows. (Data in screenshots all fictional.)

description.gif

description2.gif

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

TFarris
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you Karsten. This small thing had become a big pain. 

As always, I appreciate your help.

0 Upvotes