CRM

Chris_Cringle
Participant

Can you associate a deal stage with a contact? (which I then use to trigger an automation)?

SOLVE

Hi everyone.

My objective is to be able to send a series of 'Welcome emails' following successful sign up of a customer. We use Mailchimp and connect our contacts from Hubspot via PieSync which is all good.

Am I able to use 'Deal stage' property in order for this to then trigger my automation in Mailchimp? Or is there another contact property which we should be using? 

Happy to try and answer any questions and thank you for your help. 

Chris

1 Accepted solution
Crystal_Hopper
Solution
Key Advisor

Can you associate a deal stage with a contact? (which I then use to trigger an automation)?

SOLVE

@Chris_Cringle yes, that's what I was trying to lead you to. You can manually update the Lifecycle Stage, but also think of situations where you might automatically set it or move it along. One of my scenarios is a blog sign up is stage Subscriber, but a demo request is Sales Qualified. Via these forms, I have a hidden field that makes sure this field is modified.

Additionally, via the Workflows, when a Deal enters a "won" stage, a Workflow could automagically upate the Lifecycle stage of the attached Contact to Customer which would kick off your welcome email flow. That way you get to focus on working your pipeline which is where the $$ is at. 😊

Best of luck on your endeavors! 

Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
andrus
Top Contributor

SOLVE

@Chris_Cringle were you able to resolve the issue? If not, there's at least one other solution for this. Outfunnel (where I am co-founder) has a 2-way HubSpot to MailChimp connection that:

• Syncs the relevant HS contacts to a MC audience, using HS Lists as segments. Ie. you could create a segment where "Deal stage" is X so that when a Deal gets added to that stage a contact would be subscribed in a MC audience and automatically unsubscribed once they're moved out of that stage (or meet other conditions that remove them from the original List)
  • Records MC email engagement (opens, clicks, unsubscribe, etc) back to HubSpot contact profiles, so you'll have more context

There's a free 14-day trial available if this sounds interesting. 

Andrus Purde | Outfunnel - The easiest way to connect sales and marketing tools
0 Upvotes
Chris_Cringle
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @Crystal_Hopper thank you for replying to my post. I haven't been using the Lifecycle Stage property yet for my contacts, I've only been using the sales pipeline. I've now added the Lifecyle stage to my contacts view and then would be able to manually change the property once one of my contacts subscribes to our product. This could then trigger Mailchimp (via PieSync) into a series of Welcome emails to cover off what we are looking to do. 

As I understand it, this is what you were driving at? 

At some point, I suppose we should consider upgrading from our free Hubspot account and look at bringing everything under a single platform. We've recently qualified for the HubSpot for Startups program discount so I need to look at the numbers involved. Thanks again for helping, if I've missed anything out then please let me know. 

0 Upvotes
Crystal_Hopper
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@Chris_Cringle yes, that's what I was trying to lead you to. You can manually update the Lifecycle Stage, but also think of situations where you might automatically set it or move it along. One of my scenarios is a blog sign up is stage Subscriber, but a demo request is Sales Qualified. Via these forms, I have a hidden field that makes sure this field is modified.

Additionally, via the Workflows, when a Deal enters a "won" stage, a Workflow could automagically upate the Lifecycle stage of the attached Contact to Customer which would kick off your welcome email flow. That way you get to focus on working your pipeline which is where the $$ is at. 😊

Best of luck on your endeavors! 

Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.
Crystal_Hopper
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @Chris_Cringle! I haven't gone in to my workflows to see about this trigger, yet. But one idea that just came to mind is this. If a contact has sucessfully signed up, then their Lifecycle Stage should now be Customer. Your workflow trigger could be on this property and read "If Lifecycle Stage changed to Customer within the last [24-48] hours, then start Welcome Email Series Workflow." Then a Welcome Email Workflow could do the drip campaign.