CRM

AshleyH
Participant

Can we have multiple Industries per Company?

SOLVE

Hello, 

Before posting this I did a lot of research and read through all previous posts in this forums to see if I could find an answer. 

It seems that either nobody is having this problem or need. 

So my questions are:

1) Is there a way to use the Company.Industry field to host multiple values?

We are currently using "Insights" to get the Industry populated for each company. 

For the company 3M, the Industry is "Chemicals".  But 3M is much more than that, it is Health care and Work Safety and Consumer Goods. 

And this applies to many other companies, where just 1 industry value does not seem to be enough. 

2) Maybe there is another field that "expands" the Industry value that I am not seeing? Like "Industry sector" or something like that? 

My problem specifically lies in that I want to create a segment for health care companies,  but companies that provide Health Insurance (for instance) are marked as "Insurance"  only in Insights.  To me it would make sense that Health Insurance companies have both "Health " and "Insurance"  industries. 

3) If with Insights I cannot get the solution I need , can I use ANOTHER source of company data? 

Thanks in advance!

Ashley

1 Accepted solution
adamo
Solution

SOLVE

Perhaps, you could try Clearbit or Uplead for data enrichment.

However, I'm not sure how much industry data they are able to pull. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
adamo

SOLVE

1. Hubspot-created fields for the most part cannot be changed. Currently the Industry field is set as "drop-down select" by default. In order for it to store multiple values, it would have to be set to"multiple checkboxes", but as I said default Hubspot fields are immutable. 

Solutions:

a) Create a custom "multiple checkboxes" field and use it in place of Hubspot inudstry field. Then have Insights sync to this field. 

b) As you have suggested, you can create another custom field that would simply expand on the first one (Hubspot Industry). However, keep in mind that these two fields would stay independent of each other.

I hope that helps. 

HRaza8

SOLVE

@adamo wrote:

1. Hubspot-created fields for the most part cannot be changed. Currently the Industry field is set as "drop-down select" by default. In order for it to store multiple values, it would have to be set to"multiple checkboxes", but as I said default Hubspot fields are immutable. 

Solutions:

a) Create a custom "multiple checkboxes" field and use it in place of Hubspot inudstry field. Then have Insights sync to this field. 

b) As you have suggested, you can create another custom field that would simply expand on the first one (Hubspot Industry). However, keep in mind that these two fields would stay independent of each other.

I hope that helps. 

Did you find a solution for it?

0 Upvotes
AshleyH
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks Adamo, 

I understand now that if I would like to use a source of company data that provides more industries than "insights" then I would definitely have to synch it to another field. 

Along these lines, does anybody use a source of Company Data OTHER than Insights that might have more info on Industry ?

Thanks !!

Ashley

0 Upvotes
adamo
Solution

SOLVE

Perhaps, you could try Clearbit or Uplead for data enrichment.

However, I'm not sure how much industry data they are able to pull. 

AshleyH
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks Mate! 

We are currently looking into solutions just like the ones you suggested.. we might end up turning off "insights" for good. 

Best, 

Ashley