CRM

Raul17
Participant | Platinum Partner

Can we allow a partner to view only the deals that include their product?

SOLVE

Our sales team is currently selling a partner's product and we have created this partner a user where they can only see the pipeline of deals for this product.

The problem is that if they were to search, they can see all our deal records which we don't want.

On another thread, I saw someone recommended restricting this user to only seeing deals for a certain team. That doesn't seem to work for us because all our salespeople can sell this product as well as multiple other products which we don't want the partner to be able to view.

Is there a solution I'm missing please?

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Raul17,

There is a HubSpot property type called "HubSpot user". This allows you to create more user properties on an object than just the typical owner property. A deal could have a Deal owner but also a Partner owner.

According to the documentation (I've never tested this myself), "ownership permissions are based on the default owner properties and custom HubSpot user field type properties". That means that you should be able to set this partner user's deal access permissions to view owned deals only. Right after you do that, this person shouldn't be able to see any deals. You can now bulk assign (or update via workflow) all deals from the partner pipeline so that the Partner owner of these deals is this partner user. They can now view all of their newly owned deals.

In case that doesn't work, please report back. Happy to help!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Raul17,

There is a HubSpot property type called "HubSpot user". This allows you to create more user properties on an object than just the typical owner property. A deal could have a Deal owner but also a Partner owner.

According to the documentation (I've never tested this myself), "ownership permissions are based on the default owner properties and custom HubSpot user field type properties". That means that you should be able to set this partner user's deal access permissions to view owned deals only. Right after you do that, this person shouldn't be able to see any deals. You can now bulk assign (or update via workflow) all deals from the partner pipeline so that the Partner owner of these deals is this partner user. They can now view all of their newly owned deals.

In case that doesn't work, please report back. Happy to help!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Raul17

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler ,

That's great, I can confirm it works.

Thanks for the quick reply and solution!

Raul