CRM

April_

Can't update last names of contact list

SOLVE

I uploaded a static list of contacts in which each contact's last name had a misspelling.

I have corrected it and have tried to re-upload the list to update the same contacts (all of them have email addresses) and NO MATTER WHAT I TRY, THE LAST NAMES OF THESE CONTACTS REMAIN MISSPELLED.

I tried uploading the list without contact IDs.

I tried exporting the existing list with contact IDs, then uploading again with the corrected names and checking "file contains contact ID column".
I tried uploading as a new static list.

I tried deleting both of the old lists and uploading a new list.

Someone please assist.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @April_,

Could you please navigate to the import menu (Menu > Contacts > Contacts > Import), scroll down, and check whether your recent imports and any errors? If so, could you hover over the import, click More and Download error file? We can then have a look at the errors. Import errors would be the most probable reason here.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @April_,

Could you please navigate to the import menu (Menu > Contacts > Contacts > Import), scroll down, and check whether your recent imports and any errors? If so, could you hover over the import, click More and Download error file? We can then have a look at the errors. Import errors would be the most probable reason here.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.