CRM

WBlankenbeckler

Can't assign deal to contact

SOLVE

I have several deals where someone at a different company needs to be associated with the deals. For instance, a consulting firm needs to be associated with a deal with another company. 

I can go to the deal, create a new contact or assign an existing contact and it works. However, if I go to the contact and try to associate a deal, nothing comes up for the deal when I search existing deals. Is there a way to make this work?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
natsumimori
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thank you for your post @WBlankenbeckler .

Hmm strange, if the deal exists, you should be able to associate from the contact record as well.

Is this the steps you took?

1. Open a contact record

2. Click [+Add]  on the right side menu

3. Click [Associate existing]

Mouse_Highlight_Overlay.png

Could you please share the following information so that I can take a closer look?

1. Is the above step matching with your step?
  2. Do you get an error message or nothing happens?
  3. Which contact record and deal record did you attempt to associate and was not able to do so? (Please share the URLs)
  4. Do you have access (permission) to those records? (HubSpot user permissions guide)

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
natsumimori
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thank you for your post @WBlankenbeckler .

Hmm strange, if the deal exists, you should be able to associate from the contact record as well.

Is this the steps you took?

1. Open a contact record

2. Click [+Add]  on the right side menu

3. Click [Associate existing]

Mouse_Highlight_Overlay.png

Could you please share the following information so that I can take a closer look?

1. Is the above step matching with your step?
  2. Do you get an error message or nothing happens?
  3. Which contact record and deal record did you attempt to associate and was not able to do so? (Please share the URLs)
  4. Do you have access (permission) to those records? (HubSpot user permissions guide)
WBlankenbeckler

SOLVE

I did those steps originally for several contacts, but couldn't bring up any existing deals. I have permission (only user). I tried again today, and it worked. Must have been a temporary glitch.