CRM

mfinch

Can't add a new company without a Domain

SOLVE

Apparently the developers at HubSpot decided to make the Domain a required field to add a new company in the latest update.  We work with a lot of startups that don't have Domains, so I can't enter a new company into our HubSpot system, not to mention our quoting system is tied to HubSpot, so I can't send the company without a domain a quote either.  

1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @mfinch,

You can customize what will be required when creating new companies. 

When adding a new company you will be prompted with, "You can customize the properties your team sees here." Click that and then scroll down the page to the section that says, "Set the properties your team sees when creating companies". Click Manage.

Choose to "Start from Default". Here you can require the person to add only a company name vs domain name. This should solve your issue. 

Company-Requirements.PNG

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

24 Replies 24
gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

SOLVE

did you try submitting a ticket to obtain account level support?

0 Upvotes
HubSpotMaster
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Another issue if you don't have the company domain listed is HubSpot will not automatically associate the contacts with the same @companyname.com email address to the company which means you will have to associate your contacts manually. 

If there isn't a workaround I have created a naming convention for the @companyname.com that is meaningful to the company so you can still associate the contacts. 

Hope this helps,

Adam

gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@HubSpotMaster I am curious about your naming convention.  Can you explain?

My contacts often do not have emails that correspond to the domain name of the company. I manually matched contacts to companies from the initial import.  When adding new companies and contacts I associate them right away.  We use an office id as an identifying factor. This is used after the last name of the contact and at the end of the company name.  This way when there is a master company but separate accounts or people at multiple companies, there is the identifier to refer to.

0 Upvotes
kapilnandakumar

SOLVE

The main problem that occurs is when we try to make reports for company metrics.

0 Upvotes