CRM

goShadow

Can i import contact notes and activity into a deal

SOLVE

I logged activity into a contact, but i wanted those activites to also be reflected in the deal associated with the contact. Is there any way to do that? thank you!

2 Accepted solutions
roisinkirby
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @goShadow

At this time, you cannot import or export notes that have been added to your contacts, companies, or deals timelines. Notes are considered engagements and are not stored as properties for export. 

If you have the resources, you may be able to work with a developer of your choice and use our CRM engagements API endpoint to extract notes for individual contacts. More on this API endpoint can be found here.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: Can we import notes into HubSpot contact records?

Short A: Yes.

Longer A:

Beginning in December, the ability to import notes into HubSpot is now built-in fuctionality.

- see Everything You Need to Know About the New HubSpot Import

14-Dec-2018: HubSpot Import Notes14-Dec-2018: HubSpot Import Notes 

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: Can we import notes into HubSpot contact records?

Short A: Yes.

Longer A:

Beginning in December, the ability to import notes into HubSpot is now built-in fuctionality.

- see Everything You Need to Know About the New HubSpot Import

14-Dec-2018: HubSpot Import Notes14-Dec-2018: HubSpot Import Notes 

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
gil1002
Contributor

SOLVE

I have Enterprise edition yet my import option doesn't show the Note option. Has it been officially released?

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @gil1002 

Thank you for reaching out

Yes you should have access. I'm wondering if maybe you chose "one object" at the step from before? In that case, Notes wouldn't show up. You can only import Notes with another object, so you need to chose "Multiple Objects". 

You have more information here

Hope that helps.
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine.

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
amejia

SOLVE

I think this question has not been fully understanded by the client service team in HS. At least what I mean is that if it´s possible to export a note within hubspot, and trasnfer a note from a contact in hubspot to a deal.  It´s a little frustating for example that I´m being able to connect whatsapp and facebook messenger to hubspot but none of those conversations can be seen directly in the deal. all the information is already in hubspot. Any hints?

jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thanks for your input @oprystupa

@goShadow for a full list of connect partners that offer services of importing and sharing data, I wanted to share this list of certified HubSpot partners

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @goShadow

At this time, you cannot import or export notes that have been added to your contacts, companies, or deals timelines. Notes are considered engagements and are not stored as properties for export. 

If you have the resources, you may be able to work with a developer of your choice and use our CRM engagements API endpoint to extract notes for individual contacts. More on this API endpoint can be found here.

0 Upvotes