CRM

jcurry203
メンバー

Can a contact be associated with more than one company?

解決

We are in the Education Industry and we have adviser who create the yearbook for the school.  When the schools are small, a PTA member might take on the role as the yearbook adviser.  Sometimes they will end up doing both the Elementary and Middle School books together as they have children in both, etc.  So we have two different companies (Schools) with the same contact we'd like to associate to the company.  Hubspot seems to re-assign the contact versus allowing them to be on both ocmpanies.

1件の承認済みベストアンサー
AdamLPW
解決策
キーアドバイザー

解決

Hi @jcurry203,

Welcome to the forums!

No, a contact can only be associated with one company at a time.

If you open any contact and look at the "Company" area in the right-hand toolbar you'll see their currently-associated company.  There's a "+ Add" button, which will be greyed out if the contact is already associated with a company, with a message saying "You may only associate one company to a contact record".

Also, you can't set up two contacts with the same email address, which might have otherwise been an option for you!

If this person has separate email addresses for each school you could set one person up as two separate individuals, i.e.

John Smith - john.smith@elementaryschool.com

and

John Smith - john.smith@middleschool.com

And then associate one with each company. 

Hope this helps? 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"

元の投稿で解決策を見る

1件の返信
AdamLPW
解決策
キーアドバイザー

解決

Hi @jcurry203,

Welcome to the forums!

No, a contact can only be associated with one company at a time.

If you open any contact and look at the "Company" area in the right-hand toolbar you'll see their currently-associated company.  There's a "+ Add" button, which will be greyed out if the contact is already associated with a company, with a message saying "You may only associate one company to a contact record".

Also, you can't set up two contacts with the same email address, which might have otherwise been an option for you!

If this person has separate email addresses for each school you could set one person up as two separate individuals, i.e.

John Smith - john.smith@elementaryschool.com

and

John Smith - john.smith@middleschool.com

And then associate one with each company. 

Hope this helps? 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"