CRM

SComeau
Contributor

Can a Workflow Repeat with Same Data?

I have a workflow set up if a Deal is "Closed Won" it will post the "Deal Type" under a section I created on the Company record called "Products Purchased". The issue I am having it that if we close two Deals with the same "Deal Type" it will not post both. Ex: Client purchased Deal Type = "Printer", then 2 years later he decides to buy the same printer. Deal Type="Printer". The Products purchased on the Company record will only show 1 "Printer" purchased. Does anyone have an idea on how to solve this issue? I would like to have "Printer" show twice on the front screen. (We aren't really selling printers but using it has an example for any Deal Type that is the same for one Company). Thanks

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Zaynab
Participant | Elite Partner
Participant | Elite Partner

Hi @SComeau,

Zaynab from Trujay here!

The way I see it, you have two options:

Trujay | Zaynab Babacan
TrujayJay
Contributor | Elite Partner

Hi @SComeau ! The part that isn't entirely clear to me is what kind of property you're currently using for the Products Purchased section and how you'd like for it to show you the number of 'printers'. Is it possible to include a screenshot of what this currently looks like?

Trujay | Jay Hendricks
SComeau
Contributor

Hi Jay,

The Products Purchased Section contains the "Deal Type" (drop down list) from the Deal Record. I have a workflow that just populates that section with the "Deal Type". See below Example from the Company record. This Company has two Deals that are Closed Won with us for the DealType "PCV" and "PSI. BUT, what if the Customer has purchased 2 "PSI" Products. The way it is working now, PSI only shows once and I would need it to show twice. The reason this is really an issue is with a renewal of a contract that has expired. What if the customer purchased PSI on a 3 year contract and then Cancels. 2 years go by and they want it again so we create a new Deal and it is Closed Won PSI. We need it to show PSI twice so that we know they have purchased PSI from us multiple times. I have conditional sections on the records customization that are also assiciated with these properties so there is that issue as well.

SComeau_0-1659629749479.png

I have worked with TruJay multiple times so if you can think of any way to assist I would greatly appreciate it! 

0 Upvotes
TrujayJay

For sure! A multi-select property won't work for what you're trying to accomplish (it'll never show more than one value per selection), but we can maybe come up with some other options. Let me throw this over to the team to see if they have some ideas.

Trujay | Jay Hendricks