CRM

C2Go

Can I turn of automatic contact and company association?

SOLVE

Hi I use this for tracking interactions with government departments and every employe has the same domain in their email address so it is putting everyone under the same company 

can I turn of the automatic use of the domain to set the company ?

1 Accepted solution
BrettLanguirand
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @C2Go,

At this time it is only possible to turn the automatic association on and off for all contact/companies in your portal, as explained in this support document.  However, there is currently a beta that allows the ability to opt an individual domain out of the automatic association setting.  It allows the setting to remain on, but gives you control over the domains that you don't want automatically create and associate.  Since it is already in beta, it is likely that that this will be made available to all portals in the near future.  I'll do my best to update this post when i find out that this feature is made available to all portals.

I hope this helps!

Brett

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Arran
Contributor

SOLVE

For those who stumble across this... the feature was rolled out, it can be managed from 

Settings > Contacts & companies > Companies > 'Opt a domain out of automatic association' 

BrettLanguirand
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @C2Go,

At this time it is only possible to turn the automatic association on and off for all contact/companies in your portal, as explained in this support document.  However, there is currently a beta that allows the ability to opt an individual domain out of the automatic association setting.  It allows the setting to remain on, but gives you control over the domains that you don't want automatically create and associate.  Since it is already in beta, it is likely that that this will be made available to all portals in the near future.  I'll do my best to update this post when i find out that this feature is made available to all portals.

I hope this helps!

Brett

0 Upvotes
MiaPV
Top Contributor

SOLVE

@BrettLanguirand We need this in place as well, just wondering if there's an update on beta or a full rollout?

Edit & Update: @C2Go not sure if you got your answer already, but I spoke with HS support and you can now opt out individual domains in your settings area: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/companies/how-can-i-prevent-particular-companies-...

0 Upvotes
zmilne

SOLVE

This would be extremely helpful for us as well! is there an eta on delivery of this feature?