CRM

Weldonco

Can I select multiple properties from a dropdown list?

SOLVE

When creating new property fields in a drop down, is there a way to select more than 1 option?

For example: What countries have you travelled?

And then a list of countries will be present in the drop down and we are able to choose more than one?

1 Accepted solution
BrettLanguirand
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hello @Weldonco,

With a dropdown select, it is only possible to select one option.  If you want the ability to select more than one option, you'll want to use a Multiple Checkbox property type. This support document explains the different property types.  

I hope this helps!

Brett

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11
rh7
Contributor

SOLVE
0 Upvotes
mpatino
Participant

SOLVE

I would also like the ablity to create pick lists with dependent values:

for example we use a multi level topology for industry: Industry = health care, sector = hospitals, sub-sector = services.  We focus on 5 - 6 Industries, but we need to go deeper for those industries. For each major industry catagory, Heathcare, Food and Beverage, Consumer Good, Industrials, Technology, and other we need to drill down for specifics. begin able to provide the appropreate 2nd and 3rd level responce is critical for targeting the right content to specific decision makers.  If we have an artical on health care / under served dental or eyeware we need to taget just the clients that are in that space. 

BrettLanguirand
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hello @Weldonco,

With a dropdown select, it is only possible to select one option.  If you want the ability to select more than one option, you'll want to use a Multiple Checkbox property type. This support document explains the different property types.  

I hope this helps!

Brett

adamfeldt
Participant

SOLVE

How would this play out in HubL??? Trying to create a hidden field in my header that can compensate for HubSpot not allowing for easy tagging of landing pages. My only options is to use a dropdown where the user can only select one option, or multiple boolean fields which is hard to manage and take a lot of UI real estate.

0 Upvotes
hectorb

SOLVE

There is also another good option, if you set the field to multi-line text you can have all the values selected on the radio buttons, plus somethink like "Other" and have custom values there. And if you need you can filter it's contents too.

0 Upvotes
jmyoung780

SOLVE

Can you explain this?  I'm interested in what you're saying here.

0 Upvotes
stevenm

SOLVE

This answer doesn;t help us. We have a question that has 50 answers and people can choose more than one. How are we supposed to handle this? if we put 50 tickboxes on, it will look very ugly. 

Phil_Vallender
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @stevenm

You're right that 50 options in a list of checkboxes is never going to look good. A HubSpot developer may be able to modify the CSS so that your checkboxes show in columns rather than one long list, but I wouldn't feel confident in this being robust or responsive. 

If you need to capture information with such depth and density, I would actually suggest using an external survey tool, like SurveyMonkey. With the right level of account, you could still bring their response data back into HubSpot and segment on it. 

Hope that helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
GLR
Participant

SOLVE

Hi,

What is incredible in your anwser is that the multiple dropdown fields shown in Hubspot SAS is EXACTLY how we want the field to be shown in a form. If you have been able to develop it in your hubspot interface, why can't we use it the same way in a form ?

Do you plan this after the resigned of the form interface.... ?

thank you.

stevenm

SOLVE

Thanks, I have looked at using survey monkey, however we are pulling data from a database. The HS > Surveymonkey integration does not allow for smart fields like the HS forms do.

Is there any other way to have a dropdown that allows more than one option? 

Thnanks. 

0 Upvotes
rh7
Contributor

SOLVE

Is it working with TypeForm?

0 Upvotes