HubSpot Ideas

cla

Can I rename the "Companies" menu tab?

11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @cla I think the Community will need some further detail/context to be able to fully answer your question.

Could you elaborate on what you mean by "Can I rename the "Companies" menu tab?". What is your goal/use case here, and what part of the HubSpot tool are you referring to specifically?

cla
Participant

Hi 

Yes, sure.

I mean in the Menu bar at the top beside "Contacts" and "Deals" in the Sales tool. 

Regards

Charlotte

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @cla this isn't possible. The HubSpot navigation and tool / app names are not customizeable. 

cla
Participant

Oh... to bad. Thank you for letting me know!

eileenk

I have a variation on this request that I think will offer a use-case/context with a bit more clarity. 

I work for a HubSpot consulting firm and we have a B2C Ecommerce client that specializes in making and fitting suits. A big part of their business is wedding parties, and we wanted to update "Companies" in the CRM to "Wedding Parties" so that each wedding party member could have their own contact record and deal but still be included in properties for the "Wedding Party", like Wedding Date.

I realize that we don't have to be able to change the name of the category to be able to use it this way, but we now have to add an additional roadblock for their salespeople when we train them to look at "Companies" and think "Wedding Party".

Being able to customize to that extent would make things a lot easier in the long-run!

stevo

Yeah, this needs to be changed asap. This should have been added as a feature long ago.

jonostap

I would like to see the ability to rename all native HubSpot objects like can be done in NetSuite

JGizowski
Participant

I think HubSpot should make this feature available ASAP. SalesForce has it. I didn't think it was that important while we were assessing CRM platforms, and it's not make or break, but it would be very helpful.

We're a property management company, and "Deals" are homes or properties. As mentioned above, we can still use the system, but there is additional training needing to be done. Not very intuitive and causes confusion.

What can we do to encourage this update to be made? I think it would be good for HubSpot to continue to compete with SF and for many users.  

JGizowski
Participant

Unfortunitly this isn't a solution to the problem... Problem not solved but simply stated what we already know; it's not possible at this time. 

Still would like to see this happen. Salesforce allows it. At first I thought it was something we didn't need but now realize it would help better organize hubspot for easier use for our organizaiton.

chrisbensley

Upvote this one. I agree. We want to call it Organizations.

MItalia

THis really needs to be a feature.  Why is hubspot lacking in this regard?  I'm in Commerical Real Estate and we need to keep track of deals we've analyzed.  This work in Tickets, but why can't we rename this field or "Services" etc..? I've had other CRM's like Pipedrive, Zoho, Netsuite, and these are all customizeable.  The only reason why I'm dealing with this is because our portal for cash raise links really well with Hubspot over other platforms...for now.