CRM

msodotnet

Can I filter contacts based on a company data field?

SOLVE

We have just started using Hubspot CRM and love it so far, and our setup is mainly based around schools, so we have imported the schools as a company and one of the custom company fields we have created is "MIS System" as a dropdown option. And we have now imported all our contacts as well and the associations are fine. 

However, I now want to email (via Mailchimp) all the contacts we have where their company has a certain value in the MIS System field in the company record. But I can't see how I can do this ? 

Any ideas anyone? 

Cheers Paul. 

1 Accepted solution
MatthewBoyd
Solution
Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hey @Malazzouni "Views" are found in the Contacts/Companies/Deals/Tickets Pages and are for creating regular filtered views specific to that one object. 

"Lists" give you the ability to create a List of Contacts based on associated Company, Deal and other object data. 

To find "Lists", navigate to the Contacts dropdown and the last option should be "Lists". That said, it does depend on your credentials so if you don't have access, ask your portal admin 🙂

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
Malazzouni
Participant

SOLVE

I am also brining this up again in 2021! Still very much needed!

MatthewBoyd
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @Malazzouni "Views" are found in the Contacts/Companies/Deals/Tickets Pages and are for creating regular filtered views specific to that one object. 

"Lists" give you the ability to create a List of Contacts based on associated Company, Deal and other object data. 

To find "Lists", navigate to the Contacts dropdown and the last option should be "Lists". That said, it does depend on your credentials so if you don't have access, ask your portal admin 🙂

MayPascaud
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @msodotnet, I'm glad that you are enjoying the CRM so far!

At this time, it isn't actually possible to filter contacts based on their associated companies' property values - you can sort contact by a specific associated company, but it is not possible to filter more granularly. 

However, I have definitely seen this request come up for other customers before. 

I actually did find an idea on our ideas forum corresponding to this query. I would definitely encourage you to upvote/comment on the idea, as it is a great way for customers to give some concrete feedback to the product team in order to improve the software.

Thank you,

May

DanAtEdumate
Participant

SOLVE

Hi there,

We are also desperately trying to find a way of filtering contacts based on the fields in a contact's associated company.

I tried clicking on the ideas link below, but it didnt take me anywhere? Can someone help me please?

Thanks,

Daniel

hashackelford
Participant

SOLVE

I'm having the same issue with trying to filter contacts through company properties, and also found that the above link did not work. 

Thank you in advance for the help!

hashackelford
Participant

SOLVE

Update: 

I believe this is the link referenced earlier.

Essentially, if you have Marketing Hub (Basic or better), you can create a contact list based off of company information.

Obviously, this is not as handy as being able to filter directly within the CRM, but hopefully this will be of help to some of you guys.