CRM

AnnMcKeown
Participant

Can I do a backup of my Deals so that I may restore later if need be?

Résolue

Hi.  I have Sales Starter (2 pipelines) and I use it to track Sales Opportunities in one pipeline and Partner Acquisition in the other pipeline.  We are a start up with a strong professional services business and a new SaaS platform. Our company has a growth strategy built around new partnerships this year.  With focus on the new platform, I built the pipeline around sales of the product only but now we are considering putting professional services in the pipeline as well.  Adding these additional Deals will be a bit cumbersome.  I would like to know if I change my mind in a couple weeks and want to go back to where I am today, is that an option?

Again, as a startup, a subscription upgrade to additional pipelines is not an option at this time (but hopefully soon!).

Thank you for your considersation.

Ann

0 Votes
2 Solutions acceptées
AnnMcKeown
Solution
Participant

Résolue

Hi Karsten,

Thank you for the quick response.  Let me rephrase.  I presently have about 30 Deals in my sales pipeline (1 of 2).  I will be making significant changes to this one pipeline.  I will be doubling the number of Deals, adding new properties, and changing the funnel stages and probabilities. 

I fear there may be a reevaluation of this move a few weeks from now.  I think there is a good chance that leadership might want to go back to the way it is now.  I know I can easily delete the Deals I add, but the changes in the funnel stages and probabilities will be difficult.  I was hoping I could do a backup of the pipeline today, make my changes, and IF there is a request to go back to the 'old way' I could do it easily with a backup restore.  

Hope that explanation is more clear :-).  Thanks again for your thoughtful suggestions.  

Ann

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

0 Votes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Au panthéon de la communauté | Partenaire solutions

Résolue

Hi @AnnMcKeown,

Thanks for elaborating! Those changes can unfortunately not be reversed automatically. (Although it would be a nice feature.) You would have to document the before-status so that you can easily (manually) reverse those changes should the old way be requested in a few weeks.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

4 Réponses
johnelmer
Contributeur de premier rang | Partenaire solutions Elite
Contributeur de premier rang | Partenaire solutions Elite

Résolue

@AnnMcKeown  You can back up your Deals, but it sounds like you just need to delete those professional services deals if you revert to the original approach.  I am not aware of a way to back up your Pipeline setup.  Having custom properties you stop using isn't a problem per se. 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

John Elmer, CEO
Bayard Bradford

Advanced CRM Implementation | HubSpot Custom Integration Services | Datawarehouse.io Apps for HubSpot
Elite HubSpot Solutions Partner
> Follow me on LinkedIn
karstenkoehler

Résolue

Hi @AnnMcKeown,

I'm not sure I'm following. Could you specify what you'd like to change when you change your mind?

If you want to consolidate two pipelines, you can do so by selecting all deals in the stage of pipeline 2 and move them into pipeline 1 by bulk editing the stage/pipeline.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

AnnMcKeown
Solution
Participant

Résolue

Hi Karsten,

Thank you for the quick response.  Let me rephrase.  I presently have about 30 Deals in my sales pipeline (1 of 2).  I will be making significant changes to this one pipeline.  I will be doubling the number of Deals, adding new properties, and changing the funnel stages and probabilities. 

I fear there may be a reevaluation of this move a few weeks from now.  I think there is a good chance that leadership might want to go back to the way it is now.  I know I can easily delete the Deals I add, but the changes in the funnel stages and probabilities will be difficult.  I was hoping I could do a backup of the pipeline today, make my changes, and IF there is a request to go back to the 'old way' I could do it easily with a backup restore.  

Hope that explanation is more clear :-).  Thanks again for your thoughtful suggestions.  

Ann

0 Votes
karstenkoehler
Solution

Résolue

Hi @AnnMcKeown,

Thanks for elaborating! Those changes can unfortunately not be reversed automatically. (Although it would be a nice feature.) You would have to document the before-status so that you can easily (manually) reverse those changes should the old way be requested in a few weeks.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler