CRM

steveyoungburns
Participant

Can I create a meeting without inviting the contact?

Résolue

Can I create a meeting with a contact without sending them a meeting invite? I want the meeting attached to the contact record so I can see it as an activity, but I don't want to put an invite on their calendar. 

2 Solutions acceptées
Mike_Eastwood
Solution
Conseiller clé | Partenaire solutions Gold

Résolue

Hi @steveyoungburns 

You can create a meeting - with your Contact's email as an attendee - in your Gmail calendar and *not* send them an email invitation to the meeting. Gmail Calendar syncs with HubSpot (I assume Outlook does too).

Alternately you could simply log your meeting in the CRM on the Contact. That way it's only ever in HubSpot.

Screen Shot 2019-03-16 at 10.13.50 AM.png

Mike

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

Mike_Eastwood
Solution

Résolue

Hi @steveyoungburns 

When I did an acutal test in Gmail it gave me an endless loop when I hit Save...  "Do you want to invite the guests". No. "Do you want to contiue editing". Yes. Save & repeat.

So I would log the meeting in HubSpot.

-Mike

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

24 Réponses
Mike_Eastwood

Résolue

Hi Steve

I just ran some more tests and found even if you don't send email invites the calendar event shows in the other persons calendar... and in HubSpot.

Therefore the only way I can see it working is if you use the "Log Meeting", set a date (which can be in the future) and description.

Have fun

Mike

Bmacuser
Participant

Résolue

I checked that case. if you remove the attendee you cant save the meeting anymore. i think it was working couple weeks ago. maybe hubspot changed something. The way to setup the event is just a workaround because you need to have the email of the record to add so its synct with that account. Would be great if hubspot allows even without sending emails the event. The benefit just to have it in your own calendar is vital....

Mike_Eastwood
Solution

Résolue

Hi @steveyoungburns 

When I did an acutal test in Gmail it gave me an endless loop when I hit Save...  "Do you want to invite the guests". No. "Do you want to contiue editing". Yes. Save & repeat.

So I would log the meeting in HubSpot.

-Mike

steveyoungburns
Participant

Résolue

Still not a great solution. I would think that as strong a tool Hubspot is for CRM that you would be able to set up and take notes on a meeting without the attendee/customer getting your notes unless you wanted them to.