CRM

steveyoungburns
Participante

Can I create a meeting without inviting the contact?

resolver

Can I create a meeting with a contact without sending them a meeting invite? I want the meeting attached to the contact record so I can see it as an activity, but I don't want to put an invite on their calendar. 

2 Solução aceitas
Mike_Eastwood
Solução
Conselheiro(a) de destaque | Parceiro Ouro

resolver

Hi @steveyoungburns 

You can create a meeting - with your Contact's email as an attendee - in your Gmail calendar and *not* send them an email invitation to the meeting. Gmail Calendar syncs with HubSpot (I assume Outlook does too).

Alternately you could simply log your meeting in the CRM on the Contact. That way it's only ever in HubSpot.

Screen Shot 2019-03-16 at 10.13.50 AM.png

Mike

Exibir solução no post original

Mike_Eastwood
Solução

resolver

Hi @steveyoungburns 

When I did an acutal test in Gmail it gave me an endless loop when I hit Save...  "Do you want to invite the guests". No. "Do you want to contiue editing". Yes. Save & repeat.

So I would log the meeting in HubSpot.

-Mike

Exibir solução no post original

24 Respostas 24
DanielCENTURY
Colaborador(a)

resolver

I'm upvoting @steveyoungburns as I find myself in a similar use case. 

We're partnering with a third party call centre whose reps will be booking demos for our own sales guys, with our target prospects. The call centre rep would input the prospect's details while on the phone, for it to appear in their calendar, along with internal call notes for our sales rep to review. Then it dawned on me the prospect will see the internal notes and there's no way around this that I can find. I agree with Steve and @HMst  that there should be a button that says "don't send to attendees." 

MWojcicki
Participante

resolver

You can add yourself as an Attendee and remove your Contact as an Attendee. You'll still get the meeting showing up on HubSpot and Google Calendar but your Contact won't receive the notification or notes.

0 Avaliação positiva
tkernohan
Participante

resolver

This still a weird work around... why can't you just create a meeting without inviting the contact? Also, logging the meeting only in HubSpot isn't useful for syncing purposes. I want all of my meetings to show up across all my calendars so I know what my schedule and correspondence is on either platform. It seems really odd theydont allow you to just not send the invite to the contact.

0 Avaliação positiva
steveyoungburns
Participante

resolver

Still seems like a workaround. There should be a way to choose if the attendees receive the meeting notes and whether to keep the notes internal or not. If you do what MWojcicki proposes, you do create a meeting but the meeting is not attached to the attendee, which is the purpose of my question.  

steveyoungburns
Participante

resolver

Bump. 

Hey @hubspot This question has been kicking around for three years now. Any progress? I'd like to be able to schedule a meeting with a contact within Hubspot without sending them the notes. 

0 Avaliação positiva
Bmacuser
Participante

resolver

Soon 4 years... Its still every single day i have double entries to do. Log Meeting in Hubspot and block the same time of the meeting in my calendar. Totally wasted time which could have been optimized syncing only in my calendar without any invitation to the contact... I really wonder how all the other users are managing this topic. Pls team HubSpot consider this for an improvement of the platform.

0 Avaliação positiva
Mike_Eastwood
Solução

resolver

Hi @steveyoungburns 

You can create a meeting - with your Contact's email as an attendee - in your Gmail calendar and *not* send them an email invitation to the meeting. Gmail Calendar syncs with HubSpot (I assume Outlook does too).

Alternately you could simply log your meeting in the CRM on the Contact. That way it's only ever in HubSpot.

Screen Shot 2019-03-16 at 10.13.50 AM.png

Mike

steveyoungburns
Participante

resolver

How do you create the meeting with the contact but not send them an email invitation? I thought I did this by unchecking Attendees, but that sends an invite. 

steveyoungburns
Participante

resolver
Sorry for multiple replies. I played with it again. I unchecked the attendee, but left Associated with record checked. This put the meeting on my calendar but did not include the contact in the meeting, and did not send an invite, but did leave the meeting in the contact's record.
Alpha
Participante

resolver

I think this will work for me. I have all my meeting associated with Deals. So i associate the meetings with them and leave the attendees unchecked. I think this will work!

0 Avaliação positiva
ErikGron
Participante

resolver

Hi

I´ve played with the different suggestions but either I didn´t understand correctly or they don´t fit with what I need. I understand that you can create any event on your gmail and if you don´t assign any attendees it will fill your agenda. But I prefer working from the CRM insted of gmail. So, if I´m following the contact´s timeline and decide to, for example, visit again this guy who´s my customer, I will decide there to post a new meeting. As all my contacts have a valid email, I cannot avoid sending them a calendar invitation after this. Also, if I have any personal records I write to focus during the meeting, this contact will get them when they open the calendar invitation. Has anyone found a way of solving this without entering the information twice (first on google calendar, then on Hubspot). Hope I´m clear, thanks!

0 Avaliação positiva
steveyoungburns
Participante

resolver

Bump - still an issue. Hello @hubspot

SlightlyInsane
Participante

resolver
My work around was to create a email replace customers with that create a new field and put actual customers email there so every meeting sent invite to dummy email haven’t tried to change it back after that might work too
0 Avaliação positiva
HMst
Membro

resolver

I have read a lot of work arounds and think there's an easy @hubspot solution.  My issue is similar in that I want to log the results of the meeting (replacing the meetings logistical information from the calendar) with the actual notes, but cannot do this without sending out to attendees (and they are internal notes I don't want public).  I don't understand why there isn't an option to edit the original meeting from the calendar, save and a button that says don't send to attendees .  That would solve most of these issues ive seen on the string.  If I edit the meeting details in advance Im going to do it in Outlook anyway, not hubspot - even if booked through hubspot.  Right now I have to log a second meeting for the notes which messes up my activity reporting.

my two cents.

ErikGron
Participante

resolver

Yeah, I also thought about that, but it seems that if you do change the primary email into a dummy one, you´ll loose some of the functinoalities that really help you saving time. I.E., having all your conversations with that contact on Hubpsot when integrating with Gmail/Outlook. 

There is an idea posted that has been submitted 9 months ago and is on the dev pipeline from what I´ve read on the Ideas Forum.

Anyone from @hubspot who would like to comment on this?

0 Avaliação positiva
steveyoungburns
Participante

resolver

Agreed that I think you would lose some of the functionality that makes Hubspot work. I'd love to see Hubspot chime in here with an update. @hubstpot 

jennysowyrda
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

resolver

Hi all,

Currently the best option within HubSpot will be to follow the recommendations suggested by @Mike_Eastwood.

If you would like to see this functionality expanded upon in the future, I would recommend following the idea where this has been requested.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Avaliação positiva
steveyoungburns
Participante

resolver

@jennysowyrda are you saying I should go back to @Mike_Eastwood's original suggestion to log the meeting? That's really just a workaround, not a solution. Has Mike proposed a better solution elsewhere in the forums? If so, will you please post a link to that post or discussion? Thanks. 

jennysowyrda
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

resolver

Hi @steveyoungburns,

I would recommend using Mike's suggestion as a workaround and following the idea to implement the specific functionality you are looking for. 

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Avaliação positiva
steveyoungburns
Participante

resolver

I have no choice but to do what Mike suggested. Are you saying - by not saying that you have a better solution - that Hubspot has no intention of addressing this shortcoming?

0 Avaliação positiva