CRM

TSatellite

Can I restore deleted contacts, companies and/or deals?

SOLVE

A new employee has just accidentally deleted contacts before exporting them first, therefore need to have these recovered immediatley. Can anyone help please?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
roisinkirby
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

UPDATED SOLUTION:

You can now use the recycle bin to restore contacts, companies and deals up to 90 days after they were deleted.

Please note: users need admin access to use the recycle bin. GDPR-related deletions will not be held in recycling bin, and will be permanently deleted with immediate effect in compliance with GDPR.

It is not possible to restore contacts that have been deleted for over 90 days. 

To restore a deleted contact, company, or deal:

• In your HubSpot account, navigate to ContactsCompanies, or Deals.
  • Click the Actions dropdown menu in the upper right, then select Restore contacts/companies/deals.

• The recycle bin will open in a new browser tab or window. Select the checkbox next to the name of the contact/company/deal to restore, then click Restore in the upper right.

• To select all contacts on a page, select the checkbox at the top of the table. To further select all contacts in the date range, click Select all contacts in this date range.

Learn more about the implications of deleting contacts to understand why deleting contacts is not recommended and what the data will be lost after contacts are permanently deleted.

View solution in original post

28 Replies 28
roisinkirby
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

UPDATED SOLUTION:

You can now use the recycle bin to restore contacts, companies and deals up to 90 days after they were deleted.

Please note: users need admin access to use the recycle bin. GDPR-related deletions will not be held in recycling bin, and will be permanently deleted with immediate effect in compliance with GDPR.

It is not possible to restore contacts that have been deleted for over 90 days. 

To restore a deleted contact, company, or deal:

• In your HubSpot account, navigate to ContactsCompanies, or Deals.
  • Click the Actions dropdown menu in the upper right, then select Restore contacts/companies/deals.

• The recycle bin will open in a new browser tab or window. Select the checkbox next to the name of the contact/company/deal to restore, then click Restore in the upper right.

• To select all contacts on a page, select the checkbox at the top of the table. To further select all contacts in the date range, click Select all contacts in this date range.

Learn more about the implications of deleting contacts to understand why deleting contacts is not recommended and what the data will be lost after contacts are permanently deleted.

SGrumet
Participant

SOLVE

Hi team,

Someone accidentally did a GDPR delete.
I have the contact email but I can't add it to any contacts even though it is the correct email for a current customer who doesn't know that we accidentally deleted them.

0 Upvotes
MattSkillcast

SOLVE
Don't expect HubSpot to fix this. They do changes based on whim.
I know this is frustrating, but you need to get the person to resubscribe - either via an email or through them submitting a form. It's the only way around it.
LeonD

SOLVE

I am the Super Admin user but I can't see the restore option under Actions.

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @LeonD,

Could you please send us a screenshot of what you are seeing on your end? What objects you are trying to restore in HubSpot? 

The more information, screenshots, and details you can provide, the better I can advise on the next steps.

For example in contacts, this action will be under Actions as you mentioned.  

Restore contactsRestore contacts

Also, this article here explains more about it.

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

MSweetman

SOLVE

See this screenshot. I have the same issue. The "restore" option is not available. Screenshot 2023-02-03 at 9.30.28 AM.png

0 Upvotes
DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @MSweetman, hope you are doing well!

Users need Account access and add and edit users permissions to use the recycle bin (restore option).Permanent or GDPR-related deletions will not be held in the recycle bin, and will be permanently deleted with immediate effect in compliance with GDPR.

Hope this helps clarify, 

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

0 Upvotes
LK638
Contributor

SOLVE

@roisinkirby 

We have contacts that are super old & not relevant for our target audience at the moment. While we may choose to target this segment again in the future, it most definitely won't be for a few years, and they are clogging up our contact count. I am aware that contacts cannot be restored after 90 days following deletion. However, I vaguely remember something regarding historical data & contacts that reconvert; it was something along the lines of if a contact that was previously deleted reconverts through a form, etc. his historical data will/can be recovered. I just want to confirm that this is NOT true before I go ahead with a large purge. 

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @LK638

You are correct, the previous information on the contact record will not come back.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
D2T

SOLVE

Thank you. I was able to complete all these steps except the last one where you confirm the deal you wish to have resplaced and press the 'restore' buttton. Except on my version, the 'restore' button will not highlight, so I can't press it. 

Does anyone know how to get around this?

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @D2T,

I would recommend syncing with the admin in your portal to see if they are able to complete this action.

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Erin88

SOLVE

Hi there, 

I did the same thing. I deleted about a hundred or so, and it was all done today March 29 at about 9am. 

0 Upvotes
pauljoy1

SOLVE

I have the same problem--need to restore my deleted contacts from right before September 6th.  Thanks.  

0 Upvotes
shearn
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Via this article: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/contacts/can-hubspot-recover-contacts-that-i-acci...

You can request to have your contacts restored up to 90 days after they were deleted. After 90 days, deleted contacts are removed permanently from HubSpot's system and are no longer recoverable.

Please contact HubSpot Support from the "Help" button in your portal to request to restore deleted contacts. When submitting a ticket, please include the following:

• Specific details about how many contacts need to be restored
  • The date and time they were deleted

A member of the Support team will make a request to restore your contacts, then will get back in touch to let you know whether or not the request was fulfilled.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.
MattSkillcast

SOLVE

How about adding a search function to find an individual contact to restore?

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @MattSkillcast ,

This is not an option available. Currently, you can only search by date when the contact was deleted.

I would highly recommend you to please post this idea at our ideas forum (here).

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. It also helps other customers facing the same issue to advocate for its implementation on your behalf by upvoting on the thread as well.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

0 Upvotes
beehealthy

SOLVE

We are trying the free version to start with and I just accidentlly deleted about 30-40 contacts that belonged to a former employee but I didn;t knwo he logged serial numbers in some. Is there any way to restore?

0 Upvotes
TSatellite

SOLVE

This doesn't apply to 'free' users. I was told go to ...www.community.hubspot.com/t5/Sales...- the support team for the free users and check in with the community.

I would need to post my query to the community (where our support is sitting behind) and ask them to recover the data for you.

Othewise Sales pro would be $50/user/month and you can cancel at any time and contact support directly.

0 Upvotes
shearn
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@TSatellite According to that article, it's available for Free users!

Capture.PNG

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.
0 Upvotes
Vik
Participant

SOLVE

You can also use the free Dossier app at http://www.onboardify.com to recover all contacts from your (and your employees' email accounts), and silently sync them to HubSpot (any edition). Check out the Getting Started with HubSpot page.

Dossier syncs the past 7 days of emails, finds all contacts, and then updates HubSpot with new contacts, or if a contact is found, adds the emails to the HubSpot contact record. You can then message hello@onboardify.com and ask for more data (3 mos-1yr) to be synced.

0 Upvotes