CRM

MMetros5
Contributor

Campaign reporting for offline events

Right now I'm manually attributing a deal to (for example an in-person conference) using the Marketing Source property on the deal object. 

I had intended to use HubSpot's marketing campaign feature to automatically associate deals created after an event, unfortunately, this just doesn't seem to be possible with HubSpot as the campaign object has to be associated with some kind of digital asset.

I am generally unclear about how HubSpot's campaign structure is supposed to be utilized. What is the best way for me to automate offline campaign attribution?

6 Replies 6
MrBean
Top Contributor

Any update on tracking In-Person Event Attendance with HubSpot? 

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @MrBean,

Thanks for reaching out!

I wanted to refer you to a few related community threads where this is being discussed:

Tracking and reporting on events and attendance

How to track attendance for offline event?

If there is a particular feature that you're looking for that doesn't exist yet in HubSpot, I would recommend submitting your feature request to the Ideas Forum.

Thank you,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
erincarpenter
Participant

We have a similar use case and would like to attach offline events as assets to a campaign. This would also allow attribution report to incorporate the offline event.

LNg
Participant

I have the same use case. Did you ever figure out a work around? 

We do a lot of events and I want to make sure we accurately capture marketing attribution. I was planning to associate contacts with a list, but that doesn't seem possible. 

In my case, the event already happened, and in some cases the deal is already created, but I want to retroactively assign attribution even if that has to be done manually. Is that possible?

0 Upvotes
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Hi @MMetros5 ,

Can you please elaborate more, how you want to associate deals created after an event?
You can create properties and update them and based upon those triggers, you can create a deal.
In the SS below, I have created a property webinar and then created deal for the contact who has attended the webinar: https://prnt.sc/23dwiwq

The offline campaign you can manage by creating properties and then updating them with the help of the workflows. If you can provide us with a use case, we can help you out with that. 
More about campaigns in HubSpot you can read here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/campaigns/create-campaigns.
https://www.hubspot.com/running-a-campaign-in-hubspot

Hope this helps!
If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.
Thanks and Regards.

0 Upvotes
MMetros5
Contributor

@webdew 

Basically, I Want to associate a list import with a campaign. I want the started hubspot first touch and last touch campaign fields to be filled in on the import.

Is this possible?

IF not, how can I modify these fields so that I do not have to create custom campaign fields? I ultimately just want to use the standard built in fields to keep all reporting consistent. Work around get very messy!