Calling

CP79

Call logging

Our free Hubspot is integrated with RingCentral. How can we have the activity listed under a current staff (not old staff who've left) when a call is made inbound and outbound?

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
CP79

Call logging

I don't wish to change the calls from being logged - i want it logged. However, when an inbound or outbound call is made the "activity assigned to" is showing an old staff even though these are  made by a new staff member. The integration with ringcentral is working and all phone numbers/ext have been changed over to the new staff therefore I'm not sure why the old staff is stil showing. Please refer to image below.

CP79_0-1669244450544.png

0 Upvotes
franksteiner79
Key Advisor

Call logging

Hey @CP79 

Having looked at this KB article and the definition of the property "activity assigned to", I would say this is all tied to contact owner. Could you check if the member of staff still has records in his/her name.

The best solution would be to re-assign those records to a current member of staff which should solve the problem. 

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project
CP79

Call logging

If the calls were made by an existing contact i understand why the old staff's name would appear as it is assinged to them. However the calls I highlighted were not from existing contacts therefore there has no link the person who took the call should show the new staff who answered it?

0 Upvotes
franksteiner79
Key Advisor

Call logging

Hi @CP79 

I don't know enough about the Ring Central integration, but based on my knowledge of HubSpot here are my best guesses:

• Is the number that is being called by the unknown contact somehow tied to the old member of staff, either in HubSpot or RingCentral?
  • Screenshot 2022-11-25 at 10.39.44.pngWhen you click on the call, is there anything showing in either participants or associations?
  • Is RingCentral creating new contacts, based on incoming phone calls? If so are they maybe being assigned to the old member of staff?

Am I right to assume you have a paid subscription with HubSpot? If so, I'd open a support ticket with the HubSpot support. Their support teams have a number of tools that allow them to see this level of change even if it not visible to us as end-users.

Thanks

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

InboundPro

danmoyle
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Call logging

@CP79 if you're referring to who logged the call, that's not something you can change (I personally wouldn't want it changed, even if it's staff who has left - historical context is important). 

danmoyle_0-1669211837292.png

Is that what you're referring to? The "Call from [staff member]" ? That will stay the same. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
franksteiner79
Key Advisor

Call logging

Hi @CP79 

I haven't used the RingCentral integration myself yet but aren't calls logged as engagement activity on the corresponding contact record. When you say "can we have the activity listed under a current staff" what are you referring to, where in the tool are seeing that information?

Thanks

Frank

Frank Steiner

InboundPro