CRM

MartChris

Call Logging is Greyed Out

Call logging appears greyed out for one of our users. Please help with how to resolve this.

Screenshot 2021-01-19 160844.jpg

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
Chris_Yates

In case anyone finds this is the future, it looks to me that this was caused by a specific permission issue:
Go to the user's permissions

Click 'CRM Tools' on the left hand side

The firset option is labled 'Communicate'

Set it to 'All records'

You probebly need to wait a few minutes, and maybe logout and back in, but he greyed out buttons will then enable.

Out of interest, the description of the 'Communicate' permission is:
"Send emails, log calls, schedule meetings, enroll contacts in sequences, and use the mobile app to interact with records. This permission is needed to edit notes or tasks on records and associate notes with other records."

So if fits that this fixes it

0 Upvotes
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @MartChris 

Welcome to the Community!

In order to investigate this could you please provide the following information:

- if you hover the call button do you see any error message?

- could you please make sure the user who is having this issue has the correct access?

- could you please make sure the user is the owner of the contact?

If all the above is correct, then can you please advise the user to try the following:

• Can he/she try logging into your HubSpot account using a private browser session/new incognito window. If he/she is able to see the button in orange in this environment then it's likely a caching issue. You will then need to clear his/her cache following this article then log out and log back in.
  • If that does not work, can he/she have to try to check from a different browser to see if this is browser-specific?
  • Certain extensions have been known to directly impact some of the tools within HubSpot. I would recommend disabling browser extensions one by one to see if any of them are causing a backend conflict. Could she/he please disable her/his extensions? You can find here how to do this.

Thanks

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
EVO215
Participant

Hello, 
I found another Community post about gray meeting/log buttons. But, this post looks more like my issue. I didn't have any luck on different browsers, turning off extensions, etc.  See my screenshots. 
Thanks.
Eric

EVO215_0-1644535232429.pngEVO215_1-1644535239339.png

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @EVO215 

Thank you for reaching out. 

This does look strange. I would recommend connecting with HubSpot Technical Support, as Support is included in your subscription and they will be able to provide real-time assistance for this matter, where you are able to share screenshots and further information about this. 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

EVO215
Participant

I checked with Hubspot Technical Support and it seems like it was a permissions issue. 
I was Super Admin permissions.  But, I noticed that I was missing 'Service' permissions compared to my peers who didn't have an issue and had Service, Contacts, Reports, and Sales Professional permissions. 
That said, I was given 

0 Upvotes