rodericks
Contributor

Calculated fields: using them to define amount of units in a box

SOLVE

Hey All,

We sell products in different boxes, so for example:
Articlecode 1001: productname: "AT" Box of 1

Articlecode 1002: productname: "AT" box of 2

Articlecode 1006: productname: "AT" box of 6, etc..

I want my team to see at a company page in Hubspot that that specific company bought XX AT's. I created an custom property for those products, where the "real amount" of units is set. So article 1001 has field "Defined Amount" with 1, article 1002 with 2, article 1006 with 6. 

I used calculated properties to calculate the total amount of units in the deal. This works, if we only sell 1 box of a specific article. So

1x 1001, 1x 1002: Defined Amount = 3 (so that is good)

1x 1001, 2x 1002: Defined Amount = also 3 (not good, should be 5). 

What can I do in order to get that right? 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
JPanama
Solution
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

SOLVE

Hi @rodericks thanks for getting in touch. 

We might need a little more information to dig into this one, but I understand what's happening. It sounds like your calculation is counting the instances of your properties on a Company record. So, as you say it's adding 1 instance of 1001 and 2 instances of 1002. This equals 3 instances. 

Any Workflow based solution to get around this would be imperfect as you would need to use re-enrollment triggers which are not available for associated records. However, I think this might be a good opportunity to use a Custom Scoring property. 

There's a great post here outlining how you can add incremental scores every time a Contact completes an action. This should also work for each time an AT is added to an associated Deal. 

Let me know if that works out for you. 

Best, 
Joe (HubSpot Moderator)

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
rodericks
Contributor

SOLVE

This actually works. It is a lot of work if you have a lot of products, but it does work perfectly. Thanks a lot @JPanama 

JPanama
Solution
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

SOLVE

Hi @rodericks thanks for getting in touch. 

We might need a little more information to dig into this one, but I understand what's happening. It sounds like your calculation is counting the instances of your properties on a Company record. So, as you say it's adding 1 instance of 1001 and 2 instances of 1002. This equals 3 instances. 

Any Workflow based solution to get around this would be imperfect as you would need to use re-enrollment triggers which are not available for associated records. However, I think this might be a good opportunity to use a Custom Scoring property. 

There's a great post here outlining how you can add incremental scores every time a Contact completes an action. This should also work for each time an AT is added to an associated Deal. 

Let me know if that works out for you. 

Best, 
Joe (HubSpot Moderator)

rodericks
Contributor

SOLVE

Hey @JPanama Thanks for your respond. Didnt think about this yet, so I'm going to look into it. 

BTW it seems that the link you've sent is incorrect, so hereby the correct link: 

HubSpot Community - Can I set up one lead scoring rule to increment lead score each time a contact p...

JPanama
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

SOLVE

Thanks @rodericks I'll update my original link. 

0 Upvotes