CRM

iamathlete
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Platinum Partner

Calculate number of deals per person per year

lösung

Each contact record in our database may have between 1 and 10 deals associated with them each year.  I am trying to create a marketing workflow that delivers a message each time a deal is closed for a specific calendar year, but want the message to vary based on the number of deals they've closed this year.

How can I determine how many deals a contact has for a given year?  

Can I create a contact property that lists the # of deals in 2019 only (ignoring deals from all other years)?

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
joshua-paul
Lösung
Stratege/Strategin | Platinum Partner

lösung

Hi @iamathlete , I recommend starting with this set up:

Create a custom number property on the contact record for "Number of Deals in 2019". Then, create a workflows called "Set Contact Deal Count For 2019."

That workflow will say:

If a deal reached your closed "won" deal stage and the close date is within the calendar year 2019, increase the "Number of Deals in 2019" by one. If you "close date" data is not accurate, you can also switch that out for "create date" if that works for your company's process.

From there, it is a matter of training your sales team not to move a deal to "Closed - Won" until it is actually a done deal. You'll also be able to create some great reports from that custom property.

At the end of the calendar year, you can either clear, repurpose, and rename that custom property OR clone that property and adjust the workflow for 2020 (if you want to keep the historical data). Good luck!

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

5 Antworten
PScanlon
Teilnehmer/-in | Elite Partner
Teilnehmer/-in | Elite Partner

lösung

I found that the best method for re-enrollment here is to use the propoerty, "associated deals is known". Hope this helps! Screen Shot 2021-11-18 at 3.10.12 PM.png

0 Upvotes
joshua-paul
Lösung

lösung

Hi @iamathlete , I recommend starting with this set up:

Create a custom number property on the contact record for "Number of Deals in 2019". Then, create a workflows called "Set Contact Deal Count For 2019."

That workflow will say:

If a deal reached your closed "won" deal stage and the close date is within the calendar year 2019, increase the "Number of Deals in 2019" by one. If you "close date" data is not accurate, you can also switch that out for "create date" if that works for your company's process.

From there, it is a matter of training your sales team not to move a deal to "Closed - Won" until it is actually a done deal. You'll also be able to create some great reports from that custom property.

At the end of the calendar year, you can either clear, repurpose, and rename that custom property OR clone that property and adjust the workflow for 2020 (if you want to keep the historical data). Good luck!

alice_faggi
Teilnehmer/-in | Diamond Partner
Teilnehmer/-in | Diamond Partner

lösung

What did you use as your enrollment criteria and did you enable re-enrollment? I've tried to recreate this but can not get enrollment criteria that will trigger each time a deal is closed. 

0 Upvotes
iamathlete

lösung

Alice,

What we found is that if somebody has more than one deal, it will not re-enroll them.  As a result we had to create multiple workflows based on 1) deal being won and 2) a unique field in the Deal.

For instance, our deals all relate to events.  So we have an Event Name field on each deal.  Though contacts may have multiple deals, they'll never have more than one deal for any given event.  As a result, we created workflows that are, essentially....

If Deal = Won AND Event Name = Event 1, then increment "Total Deals" contact property by 1.

If Deal = Won and Event Name = Event 2, then increment "Total Deals" contact property by 1.

Same for Event 3, 4 and 5.

I wish it could be all rolled up into one workflow, but so far we can't figure out how to do that if the case is that there may be multiple deals for any given Contact/Company.

I hope that helps.

0 Upvotes
iamathlete

lösung

*Awesome* idea and exactly what I was looking for.

Going to try it now.

Thank you!!!