CRM

Zbatty
Contributor

Calculate Total Company Revenue including child companies

SOLVE

Ultimately I need to create a property that tells me if a company is Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3, etc. That property needs to be based on Total Company Revenue in the past 13 months, including all revenue from children companies. 

Any ideas?

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
Nynke_HM
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Zbatty ,

Ah ok yeah we are talking about different things. In this case I think it would be much wiser to work with Deal properties. If you're using Deals of course 🙂

You can read more about the deafult deal properties here: 

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/deals/hubspots-default-deal-properties

I think closed amount and maybe recurring revenue properties are useful in your case.

Otherwise it would be a lot of updating by hand indeed.

Best,

Nynke

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Zbatty,

HubSpot is currently rolling out calculated properties for child companies, see below. You could use such a calculated property in a workflow to assign your tiers.

Best regards!

[Automated Rollout] Parent-Child company association calculations

What is it?

Admins can now create calculation properties that perform calculations on parent-child company associations.

Why does it matter?

Today, admins can only perform calculations on associated records of a different object type within a calculation property. However, this is preventing our customers from computing data points needed to better understand their business. To get to these data points, customers are forced to export their data to an external tool to perform the needed calculations. This is never an optimal experience.

With this update, customers will now be able to perform calculations to sum the revenue of all child companies or even get a count of all child companies within a calculation property.

How does it work?

To compute the total recent deal values of all Child companies in your HubSpot account, navigate to Settings > Properties

Select the "Company" object from the Select an object: dropdown.

Then select Create Property

Within the property creation flow, select "Calculation " as the Field Type and click the Build Calculation button to build the calculation.

Select the "Sum" property type from the Calculated property type: dropdown.

Select the "Company" record type from the Associated record type: dropdown.

Select the "Select association labels" type from the Association Labels: dropdown and choose "Child Company".

Select the "Recent Deal Amount" record property from the Associated record property: dropdown and click the Create button to create the property.

Who gets it?

CMS Pro, CMS Enterprise, Marketing Pro, Marketing Enterprise, Ops Pro, Ops Enterprise, Sales Pro, Sales Enterprise, Service Pro, Service Enterprise

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Zbatty,

HubSpot is currently rolling out calculated properties for child companies, see below. You could use such a calculated property in a workflow to assign your tiers.

Best regards!

[Automated Rollout] Parent-Child company association calculations

What is it?

Admins can now create calculation properties that perform calculations on parent-child company associations.

Why does it matter?

Today, admins can only perform calculations on associated records of a different object type within a calculation property. However, this is preventing our customers from computing data points needed to better understand their business. To get to these data points, customers are forced to export their data to an external tool to perform the needed calculations. This is never an optimal experience.

With this update, customers will now be able to perform calculations to sum the revenue of all child companies or even get a count of all child companies within a calculation property.

How does it work?

To compute the total recent deal values of all Child companies in your HubSpot account, navigate to Settings > Properties

Select the "Company" object from the Select an object: dropdown.

Then select Create Property

Within the property creation flow, select "Calculation " as the Field Type and click the Build Calculation button to build the calculation.

Select the "Sum" property type from the Calculated property type: dropdown.

Select the "Company" record type from the Associated record type: dropdown.

Select the "Select association labels" type from the Association Labels: dropdown and choose "Child Company".

Select the "Recent Deal Amount" record property from the Associated record property: dropdown and click the Create button to create the property.

Who gets it?

CMS Pro, CMS Enterprise, Marketing Pro, Marketing Enterprise, Ops Pro, Ops Enterprise, Sales Pro, Sales Enterprise, Service Pro, Service Enterprise

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Nynke_HM

SOLVE

Hi @Zbatty ,

Would a calculated property do the job for you?

Calculated properties give you the chance to combine properties with number formats into one new property (like total revenue). Read more about it in this article.

Please be aware that you'd need to have a Professional or Enterprise HubSpot account to be able to set calculated properties.

Hope this helps!

Cheers, 

Nynke

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Zbatty
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @Nynke_HM,

As I understand it, a calculated property can only calculate properties on a single object. For example, the parent company is ABC Corp. The child companies are abc1, abc2, and abc3. I need to display a property on ABC's page that shows the sum of revenue for abc1, 2, and 3. A calculated property can only calculate properties for ABC. 

Do I have that right?

0 Upvotes
Nynke_HM

SOLVE

Hi @Zbatty ,

That's true. You'll have to create new properties for the child companies revenue first (that you'll use on the parents company record/reports). Then, the work-around could be you adding the revenue data into the child company propertiesby hand and then letting the calculated one do the math.

The easiest way to do this, is by adding the child company revenue properties as default properties on the contact record itself or when adding new records.

Hope this works for you!

Cheers,

Nynke

Zbatty
Contributor

SOLVE

It sounds like we may be talking about different revenue numbers. I'm talking about how much money the company has spent with us. This number would continue to increase so updating it by hand or making it a required field while entering a new contact wouldn't work. 

Were you talking about total annual revenue for the company?

0 Upvotes
Nynke_HM
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Zbatty ,

Ah ok yeah we are talking about different things. In this case I think it would be much wiser to work with Deal properties. If you're using Deals of course 🙂

You can read more about the deafult deal properties here: 

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/deals/hubspots-default-deal-properties

I think closed amount and maybe recurring revenue properties are useful in your case.

Otherwise it would be a lot of updating by hand indeed.

Best,

Nynke