Calculate Total Company Revenue including child companies

SOLVE
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Ultimately I need to create a property that tells me if a company is Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3, etc. That property needs to be based on Total Company Revenue in the past 13 months, including all revenue from children companies. 

Any ideas?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

Hi @Zbatty ,

Ah ok yeah we are talking about different things. In this case I think it would be much wiser to work with Deal properties. If you're using Deals of course Smiley Happy

You can read more about the deafult deal properties here: 

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/deals/hubspots-default-deal-properties

I think closed amount and maybe recurring revenue properties are useful in your case.

Otherwise it would be a lot of updating by hand indeed.

Best,

Nynke

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
5 Replies 5

Hi @Zbatty ,

Would a calculated property do the job for you?

Calculated properties give you the chance to combine properties with number formats into one new property (like total revenue). Read more about it in this article.

Please be aware that you'd need to have a Professional or Enterprise HubSpot account to be able to set calculated properties.

Hope this helps!

Cheers, 

Nynke

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

Hi @Nynke_HM,

As I understand it, a calculated property can only calculate properties on a single object. For example, the parent company is ABC Corp. The child companies are abc1, abc2, and abc3. I need to display a property on ABC's page that shows the sum of revenue for abc1, 2, and 3. A calculated property can only calculate properties for ABC. 

Do I have that right?

0 Upvotes

Hi @Zbatty ,

That's true. You'll have to create new properties for the child companies revenue first (that you'll use on the parents company record/reports). Then, the work-around could be you adding the revenue data into the child company propertiesby hand and then letting the calculated one do the math.

The easiest way to do this, is by adding the child company revenue properties as default properties on the contact record itself or when adding new records.

Hope this works for you!

Cheers,

Nynke

Regular Contributor

It sounds like we may be talking about different revenue numbers. I'm talking about how much money the company has spent with us. This number would continue to increase so updating it by hand or making it a required field while entering a new contact wouldn't work. 

Were you talking about total annual revenue for the company?

0 Upvotes

Hi @Zbatty ,

Ah ok yeah we are talking about different things. In this case I think it would be much wiser to work with Deal properties. If you're using Deals of course Smiley Happy

You can read more about the deafult deal properties here: 

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/deals/hubspots-default-deal-properties

I think closed amount and maybe recurring revenue properties are useful in your case.

Otherwise it would be a lot of updating by hand indeed.

Best,

Nynke