CRM

Simondodd80
Membre

CSV Import | Worked, but didn't...

Résolue

Hi all,

I've created x8 CSV files of 100k lines of data, and another at 85,000 lines.

Fields were matched OK and paired to the correct corresponding Company Data Field and all imports appeared to have been accepted by Salesforce GUI.

Having said that, on the upload manager screen, I can see my data files have been acccepted however the Added Column shows zero lines of data added, and the errors column shows no errors.

The CSV files are OK, as I have just downloaded them from the Hubspot Upload page.

I understand there is a 1,000,000 record limit per user, but even so, I am well below the limit.

Please help.  I need to get the data imported and as a IT techy, I am banging my head off a wall.

1 Solution acceptée
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Leader d'opinion

Résolue

2000px-Ok_sign_font_awesomeDid my post help answer your query?

Help the Community by marking it as SOLVED

Q: CSV Import | Worked, but didn't...

Short A: Clean those .CSV files?

Longer A#1 Reason For Import Failures#1 Reason For Import Failures

We've seen numerous issues with 'dirty' .csv files being imported into HubSpot. 'Dirty' can mean lots of things, but specia1 characters are typically the culprits.

Unfortunately, some file issues don't generate errors. They just don't import anything.

Also, make sure your .csv meets all criteria specified on this page - https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/contacts/why-is-my-contact-import-failing-or-retu...

Test Solution Steps:

-1- Chop your 1st .csv down to maybe 10 records and test that import. No problem, continue.

-2- Increase the size of that same .csv to 1000 records and test that import. No problem, continue.

-3- Continue increasing the size of the .csv by a factor of 10 until you encounter the import problem.

Willing to wager that the files are somehow 'dirty'. Also check UTF8 encoding (see KB article referenced above).

Hope that helps.

hubspot-forum-signature-badge-v01.png

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

0 Votes
4 Réponses
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Leader d'opinion

Résolue

2000px-Ok_sign_font_awesomeDid my post help answer your query?

Help the Community by marking it as SOLVED

Q: CSV Import | Worked, but didn't...

Short A: Clean those .CSV files?

Longer A#1 Reason For Import Failures#1 Reason For Import Failures

We've seen numerous issues with 'dirty' .csv files being imported into HubSpot. 'Dirty' can mean lots of things, but specia1 characters are typically the culprits.

Unfortunately, some file issues don't generate errors. They just don't import anything.

Also, make sure your .csv meets all criteria specified on this page - https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/contacts/why-is-my-contact-import-failing-or-retu...

Test Solution Steps:

-1- Chop your 1st .csv down to maybe 10 records and test that import. No problem, continue.

-2- Increase the size of that same .csv to 1000 records and test that import. No problem, continue.

-3- Continue increasing the size of the .csv by a factor of 10 until you encounter the import problem.

Willing to wager that the files are somehow 'dirty'. Also check UTF8 encoding (see KB article referenced above).

Hope that helps.

hubspot-forum-signature-badge-v01.png

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Votes
Simondodd80
Membre

Résolue

Hi,

Thank you for your reply, the CSV is clean in that there are no '**bleep** characters...' other than the one trying to upload it.

Will trim the file sizes down.  Each one is 100k lines of data.

It might be a while before I post again. 😉

Thanks again, appreciated.

IvanKarp
Contributeur de premier rang

Résolue

Hello! As an alternative to manual data import, you can take a look at Data2CRM service, their techs or automated solution may be useful (however it's paid, but in this case you can delegate all the works). BTW - the free demo import is also available.

Hope, my answer will be usefull. Thanks, with respect!

0 Votes
jonlcrow
Membre

Résolue

Have you called tech support? They are pretty awesome.

Honestly I don't think there is anything we can do here without looking into the guts more.