CRM

DavidGF

CRM contact visibility for users

SOLVE
Hello!
We're running a Real Estate company with several agents.
I was wondering if there is an option to be able to check if a regular user has already keeping in touch with a given client without seeing the details of the deal or not. (Let's say we have several agents, who have their own clients and we don't want them to see each others client's info, such as phone number, email address, details, etc.
But it's very important to be able to check if any of the agents have already contacted that given client.) So basically what I would need is to be able to find private deals, but only if I search with it's phone number or email address.

Another option would be if the system would just tell me if the searched phone number or email address already exist in the database or not.
The other problem that I realised is that if I try to add a new deal with a phone number that is already in the database, it doesn't warn me that this phone already exist.
Is there a way to warn users when a phone number is already in the system?
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hello @DavidGF,

HubSpot currently does not have a native feature for what you're looking for. Access to an object (contact, company, deal, ticket) by a user is either ON or OFF. There is no way to access some parts of a record.

This logic also extends to the search: If a user's permission restrict him or her from seeing a record, the search will not show any results if he or she does not have access to the records from the results.

However, whenever a user is adding a new contact record to your portal, HubSpot will let you know that the email is already in use and cannot be used for another contact. (This is not the case for phone numbers.)

There are a few ways that workflows (requires Professional or Enterprise license) can be used to send users to notifications. In a contact-based workflow, the enrollment criteria could be that the Company property for Associated deals or Number of open deals is greater than 0, and if yes, to notify the contact owner or a team manager.

Within HubSpot Starter, I'm not aware of any workarounds for your query.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hello @DavidGF,

HubSpot currently does not have a native feature for what you're looking for. Access to an object (contact, company, deal, ticket) by a user is either ON or OFF. There is no way to access some parts of a record.

This logic also extends to the search: If a user's permission restrict him or her from seeing a record, the search will not show any results if he or she does not have access to the records from the results.

However, whenever a user is adding a new contact record to your portal, HubSpot will let you know that the email is already in use and cannot be used for another contact. (This is not the case for phone numbers.)

There are a few ways that workflows (requires Professional or Enterprise license) can be used to send users to notifications. In a contact-based workflow, the enrollment criteria could be that the Company property for Associated deals or Number of open deals is greater than 0, and if yes, to notify the contact owner or a team manager.

Within HubSpot Starter, I'm not aware of any workarounds for your query.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.