CRM

jamacoe
Participant

CRM contact sort by mm-dd-yy, not dd-mm-yy.

SOLVE

If I sort the contact list by date, they will be sorted by day of month, even though the account setting for format and numbers is 'Deutschland' (Germany). The date gets displayed in the correct format dd-mm-yy, but sorted from left to right.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @jamacoe You've figured out the issue! The property is sorting based on numeric values because it is a single line text property. At this time it is not possible to change the actual property,  instead you will need to repimport with correct dates listed as a date property. 

You can export all of your contacts to a csv, then reimport just the email address and correct date property without affecting other data.  

Thank you,

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @jamacoe  Apologies it has been so long before reaching out.  Your contacts are currently sorted by date created decending starting from the most recent date. Is this what you were expecting to see? 

Screen Shot 2018-01-08 at 10.28.53 AM.png

Thank you,

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
jamacoe
Participant

SOLVE

EDIT: Maybe I have created this column by importing my contacts from a CVS file and it was automatically created as 'text'. I would have to change the field type to 'date'. How can I do that?

--------------

No, you didn't understand the problem. In many countries the default sort is mm-dd-yy, such as in the US, because their date format is accordingly. In all other countries the date format is dd-mm-yy. So if you change the locale to another country and according time/date format, the sort has also got to change. In order to do that, the dates should not be sorted as strings from left to right, but as their corresponding day number, usually since 1.1.1970, a so called julian date. In HubSpot it doesn't. See the following screenshoot. The system is set to German and the contacts are sorted ascending by date. It starts with first of october, but instead of showing the other record from 2nd oct next, all the records from 1st nov and 1st dec are shown, followed by all recs from the 2nd of each month and so on. This is to be considered a bug. 

Selection_647.png

0 Upvotes
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @jamacoe You've figured out the issue! The property is sorting based on numeric values because it is a single line text property. At this time it is not possible to change the actual property,  instead you will need to repimport with correct dates listed as a date property. 

You can export all of your contacts to a csv, then reimport just the email address and correct date property without affecting other data.  

Thank you,

Ed Justen

0 Upvotes
DBoshoff
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @edjusten What is the formula for the contacts who don't have email addresses? Should I rather reimport it with their names?

0 Upvotes