CRM

HubspotUser123
Participant

CRM - How to Organize Accounts for Different Countries

SOLVE

Hi,

right now I am facing an issue with our HubSpot setup. We are an international company with 26 offices worldwide. In our HubSpot account, we have users from different countries / locations. We try to organize our CRM based on countries.

This works with contacts as each contact is connected to a specific contact owner / country. Sadly, this does NOT work with accounts. As a contact is being associated with a company based on the email domain, it happens that one account (e.g. basf.com) has multiple contacts assigned from different countries. So now we cannot work with that account - which country should take care of it? 

The only solution that I see right now is to

a) go though each contact to check if a national company was associated by HubSpot. If that is not a case and a corporate company was associated, remove the association, create a child company and associate it again.

b) disable the setting "automatically assign contacts with companies". Then, assign the right company (right location, right branch) each time when a new contact was created.

In my view, for both scenarios HubSpot Insights should be disabled as well. Otherwise, inconsistent information are in place.

This way, contacts would be seperated and assigned to the right country and/or entity. Are there any other solutions that I didn't think of? Another workaround? This is quite critical for our ABM efforts and the solution that I am thinking of means manual work on a daily basis.

Looking forward to any thoughts and comments on this.

Thanks,

Veronika

1 Accepted solution
rikkilear
Solution
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE
Hey Veronika,

Your solution seems to make a lot of sense. In situations like this I like to start from an idea outcome and then work the system around that (if possible).

Therefore, what would you ideal outcome for this be?

For example, is there a way in which it wouldn't require manual section of which country to assign a company or sub company based on looking at the contact record?

If we can set the foundation logic then let's see if we can get HubSpot to do that 😀

Rikki

----------------------

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.

Full HubSpot agency: https://www.digital22.com/

Free HubSpot Training: https://www.digital22.com/free-2021-training

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
rikkilear
Solution

SOLVE
Hey Veronika,

Your solution seems to make a lot of sense. In situations like this I like to start from an idea outcome and then work the system around that (if possible).

Therefore, what would you ideal outcome for this be?

For example, is there a way in which it wouldn't require manual section of which country to assign a company or sub company based on looking at the contact record?

If we can set the foundation logic then let's see if we can get HubSpot to do that 😀

Rikki

----------------------

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.

Full HubSpot agency: https://www.digital22.com/

Free HubSpot Training: https://www.digital22.com/free-2021-training

natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

I want to tag in a few subject matter experts who may be able to assist here.

@Mike_Eastwood and @Josh do you have suggestions for this scenario?

andrewy
Participant

SOLVE

Any updates on this? Having the same issue.

0 Upvotes
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Let's see if other Community Top Contributors have ideas on this!

Hello @rikkilear , @amberstewart , @Bryantworks and @Krystina- any thoughs or suggestion on this topic?

Natsumi