CRM

Angel7

By default can I sort contacts or other items by alphabetical order?

SOLVE

Hi,

I hope someone can help me. I am new at hubspot, I was inserting the contacts manually to manage my contacts list and I would like to organize them by the first name and I can´t do that I have already select the column Fisrt name at the first place but the list didn´t appear organized.

Thanks

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Angel7  You can tick the up or down disclosure triangle next to First Name to change the sort order.  See below: 

triangles.png

Thank you,

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
AFernandez3
Participant

SOLVE

It realyl feels like people posting pictures of the filter arrows aren't reading the entire question. What the OP is asking for, and frankly something I'd really like to have (hence why I am here) is there should be an option somewhere to, by Default, have a specific column ordered alphabetically. Meaning, every time you navigate to any kind of list, its already sorted that way. 

0 Upvotes
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Angel7  You can tick the up or down disclosure triangle next to First Name to change the sort order.  See below: 

triangles.png

Thank you,

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
jayg
Participant

SOLVE

Is there a way to remove the NAME column as I won't need that now that I have the FIRST NAME and LAST NAME columns.

edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @jayg . Check out this HubSpot Academy resource: 

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/contacts/how-do-i-change-the-displayed-columns-in...

Thank you,

Ed Justen

0 Upvotes
Brandonkr
Participant

SOLVE

I feel that is more of a work around versus an actual fix. There should be the option just to sort the name by firstname or last name by ascending order or descending order. Having to add a column for first name just to sort the data I feel needs to be fixed.