CRM

bw-ipim
Contributor

Bulk delete empty notes

SOLVE

Hello all,

I've just imported some contact and notes data into HubSpot - about 600 records. Only about 5% of my contacts have specific notes on them, the rest are blank.

I had assumed that when importing, only those cells that contained text would be imported as notes. However, it turns out notes were created for the empty cells as well. I now have over 500 empty notes attached to those contacts.

Does anyone know how I can bulk delete these notes, without having to delete all the contacts and start again?

Thanks in advance. 

1 Accepted solution
JessicaH
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Bulk delete empty notes

SOLVE

Hi @bw-ipim,

Thanks for reaching out.

At the moment it's not possible to bulk delete notes.

However, there's already an idea on our ideas forum (https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Bulk-delete-Notes/idi-p/295926).

If you want to get updates I would encourage you to participate in this post by upvoting and commenting on the post.

Take care!

Jessica

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
SkeeStylus
Contributor | Partner
Contributor | Partner

Bulk delete empty notes

SOLVE

@bw-ipim Ben, while there's no fix for deleting the blank records, its might be helpful to know why it happened in the first place.  When uploading notes.  In addition to uploading the note contents you have to also upload a data upon which to associate the note too or the "Activity Date."  I learned the hard way and now also have a mess of notes in the CRM. 

FYI... Hubspot has a very specific date format you will need to follow when uploading dates too (MM/DD/YYYY).  

JessicaH
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Bulk delete empty notes

SOLVE

Hi @bw-ipim,

Thanks for reaching out.

At the moment it's not possible to bulk delete notes.

However, there's already an idea on our ideas forum (https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Bulk-delete-Notes/idi-p/295926).

If you want to get updates I would encourage you to participate in this post by upvoting and commenting on the post.

Take care!

Jessica

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
bw-ipim
Contributor

Bulk delete empty notes

SOLVE

Hi @JessicaH,

Not sure if you saw but I actually commented/upvoted that one already. Hopefully gets some attention!

Thanks,

Ben