CRM

Sassika
Contributor

Bulk associations (adding or removing)

SOLVE

Is there a way to do a bulk add/remove of associations between a contact and deals?

At the moment it is very manual having to go into each deal individually and removing the contact association.

Is there a way to do a bulk update for this instead?

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Sassika,

It doesn't see so, unfortunately. While it's possible to use imports to associate records in bulk, it's not possible to do the same for removing associations, see here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/associate-records#add-edit-or-remove-associations-on-individ...

Currently, you would have to work with a developer and use the API to achieve this: Associate records via API

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
DStaat
Participant

SOLVE

Hey @Sassika,

Have you tried using Associ8? It can automatically remove associations via workflow.

DStaat_0-1703094065712.png

I'll leave some documentation for the feature below if you want to see it in action:

- Remove Associations Automatically Using Labels 

Let me know if you have any questions!

Best,

-David Staat

0 Upvotes
RBozeman
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @Sassika,

I believe this is achievable through the API but that would take development resources. Additionally, I believe this may be possible if you subscribe to Operations Hub and build custom-coded solutions. These are a bit more advanced.

Here, here, and here are some community threads that might be helpful in those areas. 

Alternatively, Insycle could help here. Full disclosure, I work for Insycle as a product marketer, but it solves this problem directly. You can bulk associate (add/remove/replace) using any field in your database as a matching field. This includes handling the more advanced features, including managing primary associations, labels, and parent-child hierarchies for companies. Additionally, you can insert association activities into your HubSpot workflows. 

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Sassika,

It doesn't see so, unfortunately. While it's possible to use imports to associate records in bulk, it's not possible to do the same for removing associations, see here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/associate-records#add-edit-or-remove-associations-on-individ...

Currently, you would have to work with a developer and use the API to achieve this: Associate records via API

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.