CRM

jameslevine

Bulk assigning hubspot owner to all child companies

SOLVE

I have assigned all the parent companies to me as hubspot owner but I have forgotten to assign the child companies as well. Is there any way to bulk assign the child companies to myself instead of going through each one individually?

1 Accepted solution
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @jameslevine  According to this HubSpot Academy help page, it is not possible to bulk upload child comapnies.

Ed 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @jameslevine  According to this HubSpot Academy help page, it is not possible to bulk upload child comapnies.

Ed 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
EdgarTichelaar
Participant

SOLVE

The question wasn't about bulk upload but about bulk assign.

but the same article talks about this a little bit also:

Is there any data transfer between parent and child companies?
No. Right now, all associated contacts and deals, as well as all activities logged on the company records, will remain on the company record. There is no data sync between parent and child companies and no data will roll up to the parent company.

It is however quite frustrating that the Owner property can not be transfered, either by a setting nor by workflow, as the relationship (parent of child) property is not available in workflow. 

our issue: at our company the sales reps can take ownership of a company to prevent other reps contacting them, but as many companies have several locations or franchises this is quite a hassle to maintain (read: unmanageable).

see and upvote the posted idea on this subject here