CRM

petervt

Bulk add email address to contacts

SOLVE

I did an initial import of 2500 contacts which unfortunately had no email addresses. I have sourced the email address of those contacts now, can I do a bulk import to add the addresses?

If I do a new import it seems to overwrite the existing ones. 

Suggestions?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
grantfoster
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Peter,

I'd go ahead and clear them all out and do a fresh import with all fields included. Make sure when you import next - check the radio box that only allows you to import contacts with email addresses. 

From Hubspot's Knowledgebase: 

• Generally, it is better if you could map at least one primary email per contact because HubSpot CRM uses the email address to deduplicate contacts and automatically map contacts to their companies.

Email address is the most important field for contact records in Hubspot. Unless you have some really valuable timeline history or some other related data, why not get rid of the no email records?

If you did have any valuable data already associated with the records you dropped in you could quickly export it, grab the data column you are gonna miss, and drop it into the orignal CSV that has email addresses. Obviously you'd need to sort both .csv's by some common factor.

Let me know if this makes sense

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
grantfoster
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Peter,

I'd go ahead and clear them all out and do a fresh import with all fields included. Make sure when you import next - check the radio box that only allows you to import contacts with email addresses. 

From Hubspot's Knowledgebase: 

• Generally, it is better if you could map at least one primary email per contact because HubSpot CRM uses the email address to deduplicate contacts and automatically map contacts to their companies.

Email address is the most important field for contact records in Hubspot. Unless you have some really valuable timeline history or some other related data, why not get rid of the no email records?

If you did have any valuable data already associated with the records you dropped in you could quickly export it, grab the data column you are gonna miss, and drop it into the orignal CSV that has email addresses. Obviously you'd need to sort both .csv's by some common factor.

Let me know if this makes sense