CRM

LeeAbleAgent
Membro

Bulk Uploading Users and Adding Custom Properties to be Used in Personalised Emails

resolver

HI there, I have a list of users that we have manually bulk uploaded to our company website (www.theableagent.co.uk). I wish to send each of them a welcome email via hubspot which provides their username and password. I currently have the email set up, and have a seperate spreadsheet with all the user and password information on it.

Is it possible to do this via hubpspot?

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
sferreira
Solução
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Bulk Uploading Users and Adding Custom Properties to be Used in Personalised Emails

resolver

Hi @LeeAbleAgent

Thanks for reaching out! 

You could technically achieve this by following these steps: 

1. make sure you have created custom properties for the information you want to upload 
  2. prepare your file for import 
  3. once the import is finished, use personalization tokens to add that information in your emails

However, there's a problem here: 

It is against our terms of service to capture or handle sensitive information (such as user passwords) inside HubSpot CRM. 

My follow-up questions would then be: 

• where are those contacts coming from in the first place?
  • how have you obtained their information?
  • why can't they pick user and passwords by themselves when they try to login to your website? 

Looking forward to hearing from you, 

Best, 

Sebastian 

Exibir solução no post original

4 Respostas 4
sferreira
Solução
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hi @LeeAbleAgent

Thanks for reaching out! 

You could technically achieve this by following these steps: 

1. make sure you have created custom properties for the information you want to upload 
  2. prepare your file for import 
  3. once the import is finished, use personalization tokens to add that information in your emails

However, there's a problem here: 

It is against our terms of service to capture or handle sensitive information (such as user passwords) inside HubSpot CRM. 

My follow-up questions would then be: 

• where are those contacts coming from in the first place?
  • how have you obtained their information?
  • why can't they pick user and passwords by themselves when they try to login to your website? 

Looking forward to hearing from you, 

Best, 

Sebastian 

LeeAbleAgent
Membro

resolver

Thank you for this much appreciated, and also to the above poster.

These are for existing clients that work with us that want to add more users, we need to keep the amount of work required by them to a minimum and their senior team has asked that we send them their login details directly.

These login details are generated seperately through our Wordpress website and plugins. Other than name and email address, no other information is stored on their wordpress profile.

They do have the option of changing this password once they are in the system too.

Thanks 

0 Avaliação positiva
sferreira
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Thanks for the context here @LeeAbleAgent 

As you cannot handle sensitive information through the CRM, my advice would be to:

• import the mentioned contacts
  • update any non-sensitive contact property you may need
  • send the email with a link that will prompt them to their profile space
  • it's on them then to update and select the password of their choice

Hope this helps, 

Best, 

Sebastian 

doneill
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hey @LeeAbleAgent!

To add a property to an email you would need to add a personalization token as seen here. However, you would not be able to add their passwords to HubSpot as it is against our Terms of Services to store passwords in your HubSpot portal as this would fall under sensitive information. More on this here.