Bulk Uploading Users and Adding Custom Properties to be Used in Personalised EmailsSOLVE
Sep 14, 2020 5:24 AM
HI there, I have a list of users that we have manually bulk uploaded to our company website (www.theableagent.co.uk). I wish to send each of them a welcome email via hubspot which provides their username and password. I currently have the email set up, and have a seperate spreadsheet with all the user and password information on it.
Is it possible to do this via hubpspot?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Sep 14, 2020 5:59 AM - edited Sep 14, 2020 6:04 AM
Thanks for reaching out!
You could technically achieve this by following these steps:
- make sure you have created custom properties for the information you want to upload
- prepare your file for import
- once the import is finished, use personalization tokens to add that information in your emails
However, there's a problem here:
It is against our terms of service to capture or handle sensitive information (such as user passwords) inside HubSpot CRM.
My follow-up questions would then be:
- where are those contacts coming from in the first place?
- how have you obtained their information?
- why can't they pick user and passwords by themselves when they try to login to your website?
Looking forward to hearing from you,