CRM

rdolmat
Contributor

Bulk CREATE Tasks

SOLVE

We need a way to CREATE tasks for multiple contacts in bulk. ie: I come back from a conference and want to create a follow up task fo 65 contacts.

Right now we're forced to create one-by-one-by-one-by-one-by-one X65. We would save HOURS each week to simply select a batch of contacts, click "CREATE TASK" and then be done with it!

PLEASE!

1 Accepted solution
gelflex-cc
Solution
Key Advisor

Bulk CREATE Tasks

SOLVE

@roisinkirby It looks like this is a feature now unless I am missing something.  If I have a list I can select them and then create tasks for all those individuals.  

I am looking for something else at the moment and will check other posts.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
11 Replies 11
JDutton
Participant

Bulk CREATE Tasks

SOLVE

Was wondering this myself. We are sending out a email with a link to a form. Depending on whether or not they fill out the form, and how they answer certain questions, there are a few different tasks we want to do with each contact, but like you I dont want to create 65 individual tasks in hubspot, but rather have one task that says "here, do this thing for all 65 contacts"  Another way  I am thinking of this is I want an object that can sort of represent a bunch of other objects. 

I havent tried this yet, but what I a thinking of doing is: 

1) In the original workflow I have for the form, assign each contact to 5-6 different lists depending on whether they fill out the form and how they anaswer the question ( so list A, B, C, D, etc)

2) Misuse a contact object (or some other object, possible  deal)  as a "workflow driver object" (that is what I am calling it). ie.  I will add this ojbect to a list of one (just it), lets call it "driver object list", and say something like "when x email is sent out AND it has been 7 days (or do a delay), then enroll all contacdts from "driver objecdt list" (and again, there is only the one contact/object there, and for the bulk task it will be to assign either a task, send and internal email, or both, with the appropriate list (A, B, C, D, E). that way it will only get triggered once, and only one task will be created. In this way, that "driver contact object" sort of represents all 65 contacts you want to do that same task for, but only creates the task once but uses a list to indicate it shoudl be done for all of them. 

Obviously it's problematic to have contact objects in your database that are not being use as true contacts, plus there could be some other problems I am not thinking of...but that might be one way to do this. 

0 Upvotes
ashley_milne
Top Contributor

Bulk CREATE Tasks

SOLVE

If you have those Tasks in CSV file, you can do a bulk import via the new free tool by Import2, Import Wizard. This will allow you to import any Hubspot engagement (task, call, note, etc.) that you need right into the timeline.

GLR
Participant

Bulk CREATE Tasks

SOLVE

Thanks but it's not working for tasks yet...

ashley_milne
Top Contributor

Bulk CREATE Tasks

SOLVE

@GLR

We have this available, feel free to contact me at: ashley@import2.com and I can help you complete the import

gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

Bulk CREATE Tasks

SOLVE

@ashley_milne looks interesting. What permissions are needed in HubSpot?

0 Upvotes
tedkriwiel

Bulk CREATE Tasks

SOLVE

I would use that task import tool as well!

trifectanetwork
Participant

Bulk CREATE Tasks

SOLVE

I strongly support this feature

roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Bulk CREATE Tasks

SOLVE

Hey @rdolmat at this time it is not possible to bulk create/import tasks with HubSpot at this time. I'd reccommend posting this feature request here

gelflex-cc
Solution
Key Advisor

Bulk CREATE Tasks

SOLVE

@roisinkirby It looks like this is a feature now unless I am missing something.  If I have a list I can select them and then create tasks for all those individuals.  

I am looking for something else at the moment and will check other posts.

0 Upvotes
talktotrey
Contributor

Bulk CREATE Tasks

SOLVE

@roisinkirby 

Could you be more specific.  When you say "bulk task assignement" is already possible, 

Actually tell us how to select multiple objects (contacts, companies, etc) and assign them a new task.  

For the record.  I don't see a way to do it.  The feature may be buried with poor UI.  

n.- Not harping on @roisinkirby .  This is for everyone.  If you say something is possible, please tell us how.  If you say something is not possible, tell us what you have already tried. 

0 Upvotes
housewellpdx
Participant

Bulk CREATE Tasks

SOLVE

I, too, would love to have this feature. This is a core workflow for me, and hope that HubSpot can offer this solution soon. Thank you!