CRM

gabatm

Bug report: inserted links get broken in Hubspot emails

SOLVE

Hello,

we have a Contact property which is a URL that is sent out to customers per email.

When our customer support tries to send the link to a company via Hubspot email UI, and uses the `Insert Link` button (or `command + K` on some selected text), the URL text gets prepended with some `https://app.hubspot.com/contacts/.../company/...`, which is breaks the link for customers.

This did not use to happen before.

Would appreciate if a fixed could be made here

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @LeoFerreira,

This would be a sales email. If your link is a private link, I assume it has some parameters which don't work well with HubSpot's own parameters. Without seeing the link, it's hard to be certain.

You could turn off sales email tracking to see if the issue persists: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/connected-email/turn-off-one-to-one-email-tracking-or-attachment-loggi...

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @gabatm,

Could you share screenshots and examples? This could be referring to multiple areas in the tool - the more details, the higher the likelihood someone can help.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
LeoFerreira

SOLVE

hi @karstenkoehler,

here is an screenshot of what happens to the link, I redacted parts of it.

After inserting the link with Hubspot email tool, it gets wrapped with the `sidekickopen84` analytics link, and it gets redirected to the wrong page.

LeoFerreira_0-1658404215776.png

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @LeoFerreira,

Thank you for this screenshot. So is this a link in a marketing email or sales email? What does the original link look like? Without these details, it's going to be hard to troubleshoot.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
LeoFerreira

SOLVE

Screenshot 2022-07-21 at 14.07.06.png

@karstenkoehler I don't think I understand the difference between the type of emails you mention. It's an email created with this tool. The original link is a private customer link from our company website.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @LeoFerreira,

This would be a sales email. If your link is a private link, I assume it has some parameters which don't work well with HubSpot's own parameters. Without seeing the link, it's hard to be certain.

You could turn off sales email tracking to see if the issue persists: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/connected-email/turn-off-one-to-one-email-tracking-or-attachment-loggi...

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
LeoFerreira

SOLVE

@karstenkoehler Disabling the tracking should solve the issue, thanks!
You might be right about the parameters, I think the URL might have had a space character before itself by accident. I can't test it right now, but if it's really the case, perhaps Hubspot could strip leading and the trailing spaces from the inserted URLs.
Thanks for the help!