CRM

Hosamhos60

Bug personalisation

I made my email and uploaded email list with fields i need but when i sent test email the personalisation option does not work in the test email so how to fix it? 

another possible bug is the formation of the email: my body text email is black but when i resend the test email it changed to purple, and send again it turn to black so how to fix that? 

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
kestrada
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

Bug personalisation

Hi there @Hosamhos60 ,

Thanks for your post within our Hubspot Community. I hope you are keeping well.

Within the test email, the personalisation tokens won´t render when a specific contact hasn't be selected, as our system can only pull the data of the information saved int the properties of the contact record (test).  This is expected behaviour.

If you are looking to test the personalization tokens you can always do so by using the  " Receive email as a specific contact dropdown menu", find the guide here.

test.png

Related to the colour of the body text, would you mind trying to open the same email in an incognito mode, please? 

If the situation persists this may be related to different causes:

One that is important to bear in mind is that it could be related to how the email provider (Recipient) is reading a particular colour. As if it is a custom email created with CSS and HTML, you may have set up a backup colour on the text style and therefore if the email provider can't read the first option it will read the secondary option. 

Again this will all depend on the set up of your email. Please let me know if you need further help with this. 

Regards,

Kira