CRM

Nico_Steenkiste
Participant

Bug in rename saved filter action?

SOLVE

Hi, 

When trying to rename a saved filter using the 'Options  button' of the specific filter and clicking on "Rename", the window automatically closes when trying to edit the name.  I have the same behaviour in Chrome & Firefox.

2 Accepted solutions
Bryantworks
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hey @gelflex-cc @Nico_Steenkiste 

This is interesting, so I was able to reproduce the renaming bug, it seems like it's tied to releasing the mouse click or highlighting the filter name text.  You can get around this by hitting "Ctrl+A" to highlight your filters name and then edit it.  I would suggest doing that as the workaround for now.

Here's a quick video showing the issue:  https://www.useloom.com/share/7e2579e3b5ae4e6496c29c03737fa3cb

Maybe @jennysowyrda could pass this bug along?

Hope I was able to help shed some light!

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi all,

Just an update that this issue has been marked as resolved by the team, so you should be all set going forward.

If you experience anything different, please let me know.

Thank you,
Jenny

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12
gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@Nico_Steenkiste and @Bryantworks  I am having the same issue which has been happening for a couple of weeks. 

Often I want to clone a filter to keep similar parameters and then make the changes. Renaming has become a challenge. Initially, I thought I hit the wrong key. Caps lock and/or shift seems to play into this as if I am really careful lower case letters MIGHT work.

0 Upvotes
Bryantworks
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @gelflex-cc @Nico_Steenkiste 

This is interesting, so I was able to reproduce the renaming bug, it seems like it's tied to releasing the mouse click or highlighting the filter name text.  You can get around this by hitting "Ctrl+A" to highlight your filters name and then edit it.  I would suggest doing that as the workaround for now.

Here's a quick video showing the issue:  https://www.useloom.com/share/7e2579e3b5ae4e6496c29c03737fa3cb

Maybe @jennysowyrda could pass this bug along?

Hope I was able to help shed some light!

0 Upvotes
gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@Bryantworks Awesome thanks.  My issue is this worked perfectly fine from September until recently. So why the change?

It also seems to be tied to the shift or caps lock. Try renaming an existing filter and start your cursor at the beginning, cap lock kills it.  I use TEMP- for items, I am working on that do not need to be permanently saved. This way it is easy to find.

Thanks for helping out, it makes a difference. 

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi all,

Thank you for reporting and thank you for the loom @Bryantworks!

I have reported this issue to the team and will update you as soon as I have more information or next steps! 

Thanks,
Jenny

jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi all,

Just an update that this issue has been marked as resolved by the team, so you should be all set going forward.

If you experience anything different, please let me know.

Thank you,
Jenny

gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@jennysowyrda @Nico_Steenkiste @Bryantworks  Initial test on my end PASSED.

Thank you.

0 Upvotes
Nico_Steenkiste
Participant

SOLVE

@jennysowyrda @Nico_Steenkiste @Bryantworks  Same goes here. Works perfectly now!  Thankyou for the quickfix!

Bryantworks

SOLVE

Hey @gelflex-cc 

I doubt this was intentional and is just an accidental bug that comes along with the development of the platform.

gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@Bryantworks Agreed. Never thought it was intentional just an odd anomaly

0 Upvotes
Bryantworks

SOLVE

Hey @Nico_Steenkiste 

That's a weird bug, I was able to on Chrome, Firefox, and Edge for windows. 

Could you try cloning the filter and renaming (just tossing out ideas)?  

0 Upvotes
gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@Bryantworks I have tried in Microsoft Edge and it closed even faster than in chrome. This nets no new filter. Simply clicking in the box to change the name nets its closing.  ONe needs to clone and save then try to go back to rename. 

Please note, I have renamed filters regularly since September, this new anomaly has been happening for about a month.

0 Upvotes
Nico_Steenkiste
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Bryant, 

Cloning has the same effect.  But maybe I wasn't specific enough. The behaviour surfaces when I go to "All saved filters " in "Deals" and use the "Options" button while hovering over an "created by me" filter and then choosing the "rename" or "clone" option. >>>

The window disappears when trying to alter something. Happens in firefox and chrome.  I have a workaround, but just wanted to report it...  If the community is the right place for it.

0 Upvotes