CRM

owurman
Participant

Bug in e-mail associations

Lately I've noticed a lot of e-mails are being in appropriately associated with the wrong contacts, companies, and deals. My best guess is that you are using some algorithm that matches e-mail subjects, but many of our emails use the same subject line. It's really muddying up our history!

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bug in e-mail associations

Hi @owurman,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

If I understand correctly there are certain emails in your HubSpot account that were automatically associated with the wrong contacts and, as a consequence, with the wrong Companies & Deals?

There might be a couple of reasons for this behavior and it would be great if you can tell us more about how those emails were sent. 

We've seen this happen when users send many iterations of the same email from their email client to different recipients, using either “reply-all” or “forward” after each send to add a new recipient address. Sending in this manner causes many of the emails to be incorrectly tagged with the same threadID and therefore logged on the wrong contact record. We recommend to always use a new compose window in your email client each time you send an email.

I understand that this is not ideal, but you can always manually adjust the associations of emails via the associations tab on the email activity in the CRM: 

MiaSrebrnjak_0-1653930049595.png

Can you tell us how you have sent those emails? Thank you!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings