CRM

RiotMarketing

Breaking up contacts by lists?

SOLVE

We market and sell for multiple clients.  I need to break up new contacts and leads by the company we are selling and marketing for.  How can I assign new contacts and break them up by different lists in the Hubspot CRM?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
cbsembler
Solution
Academy Team
Academy Team

SOLVE

Hello, 

Creating lists and filters for your contacts is a great way to segment those contacts for specific actions you wish to take with them. 

In the CRM, you will go about this by using the Filters tool and in your case creating different filters for the Companies you are selling and marketing for. These Leads and Contacts will need to have that Company associated with them somehow, you can do this by creating a Custom Property that you then apply to them when they first entire into your Database or if they already have that association made when they get added. 

Once you have that assigned to them you will want to use segmentation via filters to create your two separate lists. To help aid you in this process I have included our Knowledge Base Documentation on segmenting in the CRM : Segment Contacts.

If you have any follow-up questions about segmentation and the best practices of it please let me know. 

All the best, 

Courtney Sembler 

Courtney Sembler,
HubSpot Academy

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
cbsembler
Solution
Academy Team
Academy Team

SOLVE

Hello, 

Creating lists and filters for your contacts is a great way to segment those contacts for specific actions you wish to take with them. 

In the CRM, you will go about this by using the Filters tool and in your case creating different filters for the Companies you are selling and marketing for. These Leads and Contacts will need to have that Company associated with them somehow, you can do this by creating a Custom Property that you then apply to them when they first entire into your Database or if they already have that association made when they get added. 

Once you have that assigned to them you will want to use segmentation via filters to create your two separate lists. To help aid you in this process I have included our Knowledge Base Documentation on segmenting in the CRM : Segment Contacts.

If you have any follow-up questions about segmentation and the best practices of it please let me know. 

All the best, 

Courtney Sembler 

Courtney Sembler,
HubSpot Academy
0 Upvotes
RiotMarketing

SOLVE

Thank you Courtney!  I will take a look at filters and segmenting them via the filters.