CRM

AndrewCampbell
Participant

Breaking Zapier change for creating deal-contact association label

SOLVE

Hi,

EDIT - according to another post, "Looking at the information available in the Changelog, these changes are part of a larger project to bring consistency in naming conventions across all objects. "

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/APIs-Integrations/Deal-ID-renaming/m-p/678125/highlight/true#M55676

------------------------------

Has anyone else noticed that Zapier/HubSpot have changed the "Create Associations in HubSpot" action to move from labelling the deal ID record (The ID of the object being associated) from "Deal ID" to "Record ID"?

This change occurred between 8-10 August, and appears to be a breaking change.

My old Zap stopped with this error "Required field "The ID of the object being associated" (fromObjectId) is missing", and I have had to rewrite it.

I am new to HubSpot so wondering if this is a common or usual practise with HubSpot zapier integration, to introduce a breaking change?

Is there a heads-up located anywhere?

BEFORE:

BEFORE Zap.jpg

AFTER:
AFTER Zap.jpg

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
kvlschaefer
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @AndrewCampbell,

Thanks for reaching back out, and welcome to world of HubSpot!

As a paying customer, you have access to our Technical Support Team. You can contact them via a phone call, a callback ticket, or a web ticket. The team is very helpful! (I'm a Support Alumni turned Community Manager 🙂

I would suggest reaching out to them as they have access to internal tools and can action this query for you. 

If you have any questions about contacting the Support team, or getting started in the Community, feel free to DM me. Happy to help! 

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @AndrewCampbell,

Thanks for reaching out!

Recently HubSpot changed the Object ID label name to record ID, which shouldn't have affected the integrations, as they are supposed to use the internal value. There is an issue on Zapier's end that our developers are currently looking into.

Have you already contacted the HubSpot Technical Support Team to report this error? If not, please let me know and I can advise on next steps.

Thank you,
Kristen

AndrewCampbell
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @kvlschaefer 

I have not yet contacted tech support, as I'm new to HubSpot so not sure of all the best protocols and procedures!

Let me know what would be best for me to do....

Happy to raise a ticket, or whatever you suggest...

Cheers,
Andrew

kvlschaefer
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @AndrewCampbell,

Thanks for reaching back out, and welcome to world of HubSpot!

As a paying customer, you have access to our Technical Support Team. You can contact them via a phone call, a callback ticket, or a web ticket. The team is very helpful! (I'm a Support Alumni turned Community Manager 🙂

I would suggest reaching out to them as they have access to internal tools and can action this query for you. 

If you have any questions about contacting the Support team, or getting started in the Community, feel free to DM me. Happy to help! 

Best,

Kristen

0 Upvotes
AndrewCampbell
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you!