CRM

MaryLegs

Branches

SOLVE

I am inputting contacts who work for the same company but in different branches.  It will be necessary for me to know where they work so I can target my messages geographically.  I cannot seem to figure out how I create branches of a main company.

1 Accepted solution
KyleJepson
Solution
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

Branches

SOLVE

Hey @MaryLegs -- Sorry for the slow response, here. This is totally doable using the parent/child relationship feature.

Basically, what you'll want to do is have one main company record for the headquarters and then add "child" companies for each individual branch. Then each child record can have the geographic information you need, and all of the branches will still be linked together as being a part of the same company.

Here's the full details: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/companies/how-can-i-add-a-parent-or-child-company...

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Branches

SOLVE

Hey @MaryLegs could you please add more context / detail to wat you mean by 'branches'? From you post below I'm struggeling to understand your goal/roadblock here. 

0 Upvotes
MaryLegs

Branches

SOLVE

Thanks for coming back to me.     For instance I have 5 contacts who all work for the same estate agent in France, but they work for different branches of the estate agent in different locations in France.      I want to be able to create different branches with different postcodes and link individual contacts to their nearest branch - that way I can identify who might want to know that we have a new member who covers their area for example.      

How do I create/manage branches - do I simply create several companies with the same name but add a location to their title to differentiate them, and then add different postcodes as appropriate? 

0 Upvotes
KyleJepson
Solution
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

Branches

SOLVE

Hey @MaryLegs -- Sorry for the slow response, here. This is totally doable using the parent/child relationship feature.

Basically, what you'll want to do is have one main company record for the headquarters and then add "child" companies for each individual branch. Then each child record can have the geographic information you need, and all of the branches will still be linked together as being a part of the same company.

Here's the full details: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/companies/how-can-i-add-a-parent-or-child-company...

0 Upvotes
SDriscoll
Participant

Branches

SOLVE

Hey Kyle, I have tried looking for the parent/child and don't seem to have that function. Is there a reason for this? I really need it also. For example...... I have one company name Smith & Sons, and they have multipile branches across the country. Manyt in each state. How can I link these without having to create a new company for each branch (which will then not link them).

0 Upvotes