CRM

johndaoust1

Bounced contacts

SOLVE

On several of my contacts under the contact name it says "contact has bounced"  The link to unbouce is grayed out and a message appears

"You're not authorized to unbounce contacts. Please talk to your manager or account administrator about changing your permissions."

what does this mean?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Bounced contacts

SOLVE

Hi @TechJock

You'll see global bounces when a contact bounced permanently (unknown user, full inbox etc.) in more than three HubSpot customer portals, also explained here.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bounced contacts

SOLVE

Hey @johndaoust1

Are you still experiencing this issue? If so,do you have admin permissions in your portal, or have you been able to unbounce contacts in the past? 

Please let me know if this is the case and I can investigate this further on my end. As @ckilgs mentioned, the new settings can cause permissions to misalign, so we want to ensure you have all the permission scopes you're entitled to! 

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
dtstss

Bounced contacts

SOLVE

I have "super admin" permissions but I am still blocked from performing this action.  Any idea?

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bounced contacts

SOLVE

Hey @dtstss

Can you send along screenshots of what you are experiencing? Are other users experiencing this issue as well? Finally, can you please send me the email address that is associated with your user (or the user who is experiencing this issue)? 

Thank you, 

Jenny

0 Upvotes
johndaoust1

Bounced contacts

SOLVE

This occurs with all my subscribers.  I am the admin of the site  (sales@upstatecontainers.com)

and I can not "unbounce"

see attached pictures

bounce.JPGnot_authorized.jpg

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bounced contacts

SOLVE

Hi @johndaoust1

I just wanted to let you know I have been working with our developers regarding this issue, and I have just heard back from them that the issue has been resolved. The message indicating you can unbounce contacts is specific to unbouncing contacts for marketing emails. That would require a marketing basic, pro, or enterprise level subscription. As such, the message you were seeing was there in error, and has since been removed. 

Please let me know if I can provide any further clarity regarding this. 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
tweis

Bounced contacts

SOLVE

Hi Jenny,

I entered a new contact in Hubspot and received the same message that the contact has bounced globally.  I called their main number and confirmed that the contact was still there as well as that I had the correct email address, but like the others, I can't "unbounce" the contact.  Can you help?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bounced contacts

SOLVE

Hi @tweis

Can you share the email address with me either here or through a direct message so I can investigate this further? 

The issue that was previously discussed in this thread was in regards to the "unbounce" option populating within portals that did not have marketing emails. I can see you do have a paid marketing subscription, so you do have access to HubSpot Support for inquiries such as this, however I am also happy to assist if you can provide me with the email address! 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
TechJock

Bounced contacts

SOLVE

I know this is an old thread but I seem to be getting the same symptom so I'll describe it here.

I have only just established a new (free) CRM based account with HubSpot.

I have just entered my 3rd contact (and I haven't done anything else with HubSpot yet)

On entering this 3rd contact, above the name, I now see "Contact has bounced globally".

TechJock_0-1607416916305.png

Please let me know what is going wrong here.

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Bounced contacts

SOLVE

Hi @TechJock

You'll see global bounces when a contact bounced permanently (unknown user, full inbox etc.) in more than three HubSpot customer portals, also explained here.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

TechJock

Bounced contacts

SOLVE

Thank you.

So I will verify if there is some issue with the mailbox.

0 Upvotes
tweis

Bounced contacts

SOLVE

Hi Jenny,

Thank you for your reply!  There were 2 contacts for the same company:

leesa.teel@iadc.org and stephanie.carling@iadc.org.  

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
ckilgs
Participant

Bounced contacts

SOLVE

@johndaoust1, just out of curiosity, did you recently update your Settings area of HubSpot? Sounds similar to issues I'm having with permissions so I'm curious to know if you went through that update as well.

0 Upvotes